Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:42 PM

Re: What will she do if???

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
That's what happens when you Dog school lads
Tell me about it pathfinder....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:36 PM

Forget the Oil and Gas, the Scots need more Windmills, and less Don Quixote's.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Forget the Oil and Gas, the Scots need more Windmills, and less Don Quixote's.
Sorry we have enough eye sores thanks
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:29 PM

Here's a thought ...

The ginger whinger wants permission from Westminster (i.e. Boris) to run Indyref 2, yes?

OK, so Boris says to her, "OK, Nicola, if we do not interfere in the running of Scotland - LEGALLY or FINANCIALLY (i.e. no Barnett formula money) - and you make a quantifiable success of it after, what, 3yrs, then we'll let you have your Indyref 2 but it's at your own expense."

How long do you think it would take the Scottish people to turn on her and the SNP?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Here's a thought ...

The ginger whinger wants permission from Westminster (i.e. Boris) to run Indyref 2, yes?

OK, so Boris says to her, "OK, Nicola, if we do not interfere in the running of Scotland - LEGALLY or FINANCIALLY (i.e. no Barnett formula money) - and you make a quantifiable success of it after, what, 3yrs, then we'll let you have your Indyref 2 but it's at your own expense."

How long do you think it would take the Scottish people to turn on her and the SNP?
Not long. I think the majority of Scots realise that Scottish Independence, as an independent country, is not feasible.

Perhaps as a minor state within the EU, if the EU will have yet another non-contributing state, it is possible. Of course, they'd be obliged to accept the Euro and submission to all EU laws. The Fish Woman, I'm sure, would be happy with that but I think she'll be on her own.

No. It will never happen, but that won't stop her incessant whingeing of course.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 06:29 PM

I'd be delighted to see Scotland cut free but with a rock hard border, ideally a physical wall.

No more English tax payers money and a pro rata bill to pay their share of the UK the National Debt that has been run up over say the last 25 years. No British pound - let them establish their own currency and definitely no reciprocal health agreements.

When it comes down to national waters they're in for a big surprise too.

Bring it on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'd be delighted to see Scotland cut free but with a rock hard border, ideally a physical wall.

No more English tax payers money and a pro rata bill to pay their share of the UK the National Debt that has been run up over say the last 25 years. No British pound - let them establish their own currency and definitely no reciprocal health agreements.
That sounds perfectly fair, but I have a suspicion that the Fish Woman would try to argue that. She'd want us to carry all the debt!

As for the Scottish Pound, as I understand it, it is tied to the Bank of England and that would not be permitted of course. Consequently, I imagine that trying to establish a new economy acceptable throughout the world could be an uphill struggle. Even if they could join the EU, how would they relate their economy to that of the EU in order to become established. I wonder whether the Fish Woman has even thought about that.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
When it comes down to national waters they're in for a big surprise too.
I'm not sure what you're implying here. All I can think of is the possibility of the Shetlands and Orkneys choosing to remain in the UK (or perhaps joining Norway), in which their waters would become part of England's (or Norway's). In either event, Scotland would certainly not retain them!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 04:30 PM

If I remember correctly, Shetland has always said it wanted to stay in the Union so would call for it's own secession from Scotland and return to "the fold" so to speak. This would cut the Whinger's access to what remains of the oil & gas money in that area of the North Sea.

They can call their currency whatever they like as long as it's not tied to the Bank of England in any way.

Scotland's share of the National Debt is ~ £225Bn - let's see her pay that bill
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If I remember correctly, Shetland has always said it wanted to stay in the Union so would call for it's own secession from Scotland and return to "the fold" so to speak. This would cut the Whinger's access to what remains of the oil & gas money in that area of the North Sea.

They can call their currency whatever they like as long as it's not tied to the Bank of England in any way.

Scotland's share of the National Debt is ~ £225Bn - let's see her pay that bill
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I'd vote for them to leave, and to build Hadrians wall all over again .
Wow, they are always looking for some new infrastructure project. A new Hadrians Wall might cost more than HS2 but would be incredibly popular, would employ tens of thousands for a decade at least, and would enable England & Wales to get on with life

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top