Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 10:34 AM

TV Election Coverage

Is there any need for TV channels to hold long, drawn out coverage of the election. The cost in terms of creating a new set, paying for the technicians, cameramen, reporters (at a huge number of constituencies), endless pointless analysis etc must be immense.

All that needs to be seen is an (optional) ticker-tape type inclusion at the bottom of the screen to inform us of the actual number of seats awarded to each party as and when they are announced.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: TV Election Coverage

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Is there any need for TV channels to hold long, drawn out coverage of the election. The cost in terms of creating a new set, paying for the technicians, cameramen, reporters (at a huge number of constituencies), endless pointless analysis etc must be immense.

All that needs to be seen is an (optional) ticker-tape type inclusion at the bottom of the screen to inform us of the actual number of seats awarded to each party as and when they are announced.
If Channel 4's Climate Debate (or "The Crazy Woke Show" as I call it), is anything to go by then I would rather have a re-run of Fawlty Towers instead.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:37 PM

Well I'm not going to stay up all night for it, though I will watch it now & again if I happen to wake up

One thing's certain though, i definitely won't bother watching The Poison Dwarf on Sky

I'll probably watch BBC as, despite their bias, the coverage/presentation/graphics are usually better
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 05:43 PM

I don't understand why these programmes feel the need to guess the result. Why not wait until the votes are counted then give it 30 minutes on the news?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't understand why these programmes feel the need to guess the result. Why not wait until the votes are counted then give it 30 minutes on the news?
The media and political machine needs to be fed LD!
Donkeyman!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Because that would be too simple and they prefer a long drawn out drama.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The media and political machine needs to be fed LD!
Donkeyman!

I suppose at one time I might have found it interesting but since the demise of democracy, I just need to know the result.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-11-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Because that would be too simple and they prefer a long drawn out drama.
That's true. Like when they send their reporters out to report on storms.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 10:25 PM

How many more bloody leaders debates do we need? I, for one, am sick of listening to their voices droning on about the same shite trying to outdo each other every time.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 11:08 AM

We are constantly being told by politicians how many millions they are putting into this, that and everything else. Don,t these people realise it,s ACTION we want. All we hear is how much more they are spending on various projects but we never hear of any improvements this extra funding is providing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top