Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 06:32 PM

Help the Animals

We all know about the 'Children in Need' they do every Christmas, but next week, starting on Monday, there is a programme on every night for helping the animals in need too.

Ch. 5. 8 p.m.
Every night, starting on Monday.

https://channel5helptheanimals.com/#/

P.S. I do wish these Charities wouldn't state set amounts to donate though!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Re: Help the Animals

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We all know about the 'Children in Need' they do every Christmas, but next week, starting on Monday, there is a programme on every night for helping the animals in need too.

Ch. 5. 8 p.m.
Every night, starting on Monday.

https://channel5helptheanimals.com/#/

P.S. I do wish these Charities wouldn't state set amounts to donate though!
So do I - I dislike being told how to spend my money.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
So do I - I dislike being told how to spend my money.
I think Charities who ask for 'x' amount are less likely to receive donations. People should be allowed to give what they can afford no matter how small or large that amount is.

Have they never heard the expression "Every Little Helps"?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think Charities who ask for 'x' amount are less likely to receive donations. People should be allowed to give what they can afford no matter how small or large that amount is.

Have they never heard the expression "Every Little Helps"?

Entirely agree, Mags.

I remember being really angry with the RSPCA once, because of how they tried to persuade my poor old Mum to donate.
They were knocking on doors like the JH's do, and not just rattling a tin, but asking for regular donations by direct debit!

I also had 2 girls supposedly from Battersea Dogs Home doing exactly the same to me earlier this week. They expected monthly donations.
They kept talking about Paul O'Grady and the Battersea Dogs home, as if that would make some difference to me!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 08:31 PM

I would never donate to the RSPCA [ not the English one anyway ) or Battesea dogs home .
I hate chuggars . So many time I have said ok I will donate X amount .
No they say we can’t do tha we need y amount per month by D/D

Ok take it or leave it .

I do donate by D/D to the charities of my own choice .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:13 PM

There was a stall in the market today - run by Dogs Trust. They were asking people to sponsor a dog for a set some each week. When I said I would prefer just to give them a donation they said they were not allowed to accept cash. I did not sign up as I do not do DDs - so they were the losers.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:57 PM

I used to knit dog coats for the Dogs Trust and local dogs home, I preferred to do that than give money.
We have a local hedgehog rescue centre here, I donate clothes etc. to their charity shop.
I don't fancy being locked in to donating money every month.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-12-2019, 12:31 AM

They are so silly with this D/D idea, because I bet it puts more people off than it does make a donation.

A friend of mine got caught like this ages ago now, by the RSPCA .
My friend organised the monthly D/D, but once they'd 'got her that still wasn't enough. They kept ringing her up and pestering her to increase her monthly donation then!

I told her she was mad putting up with that, and I would stop the direct debit altogether if they kept on.

They still kept bothering her, so she told them if they kept on she would cancel it altogether.
That didn't make a scrap of difference to the calls, so she cancelled it altogether in the end.

It's their own fault entirely. They should never be allowed to bully people like that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top