Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Ghosts and Spooky Things

Does anyone have any really good ghost stories or spooky things happen to them ?

I've had many experiences of weird stuff in the past just wondered if anyone else has ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 04:32 PM

Re: Ghosts and Spooky Things

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Does anyone have any really good ghost stories or spooky things happen to them ?

I've had many experiences of weird stuff in the past just wondered if anyone else has ?
Only in my teens at which time I was very well aquatinted with "certain substances".

Being wide awake and seeing everything around you is hyper enhanced colours that changed as you watched, feeling your body change shape, your limbs just growing, growing, growing and the blood running through your veins showing through your skin, watching the walls close in and the ceiling descend on you.

And so very much more like falling falling falling as the room spun around you - or the horror off falling through your mattress.

Then at other times the insatiable hunger after a good binge on weed.

An exceptional good mix was Newcastle Brown with Bacardi and grated resin.

Yet STILL I managed to get a first!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 04:41 PM

yes as I posted about some years ago
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Only in my teens at which time I was very well aquatinted with "certain substances".

Being wide awake and seeing everything around you is hyper enhanced colours that changed as you watched, feeling your body change shape, your limbs just growing, growing, growing and the blood running through your veins showing through your skin, watching the walls close in and the ceiling descend on you.

And so very much more like falling falling falling as the room spun around you - or the horror off falling through your mattress.

Then at other times the insatiable hunger after a good binge on weed.

An exceptional good mix was Newcastle Brown with Bacardi and grated resin.

Yet STILL I managed to get a first!
In your dreams Todgy!
Donkeyman!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:21 PM

There's an interesting book, by a bloke called Charlie something.

I think it's set up to go on the telly shortly.

It's called, if I remember rightly " Christmas Carol".

Suggests that, if you keep seeing ghosts, you must be a bit of a miserly beggar!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There's an interesting book, by a bloke called Charlie something.

I think it's set up to go on the telly shortly.

It's called, if I remember rightly " Christmas Carol".

Suggests that, if you keep seeing ghosts, you must be a bit of a miserly beggar!
I spent my childhood reading the books by Harry Price on the Borley Rectory hauntings when I lived in the North East. I now live about 2 miles from the site of the old rectory and go there every so often just to see for myself and reflect on the stories I used to read when I was a kid.

Its just a field now, but putting it all together and visiting some of the places in Long Melford from the description in the books has been great.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:59 PM

Hi Bread, I've never personally experienced seeing ghosts or ghostly things. The only two spooky episodes I can think of that I haven’t already related on previous Ghost stories on OFF, happened to my brother at the cottage they had just bought right in the heart of the countryside for them and their children aged 11 and 13.

A couple of weeks after they had signed for the empty property, they were meeting the Agent there to get the keys and take some measurements. My brother knew the Agent well as all local, so as they entered, he jokingly said to the Agent, ‘’Hope there aren’t any Ghosts you haven’t told us about?’’ To which the Agent laughed and said: ” Nah, nothing untoward, although there has been the odd rumour about a Monk being seen around the property, that is obviously a load of crap’’ (his words).
Of course, they didn’t mention a word of this to the children as they didn’t want them frightened with tales of Ghosts in the home.

The day they moved in, my 13-year old nephew’s best friend cycled up the lane to visit. When he knocked on the door my nephew invited him in and his friend said ‘’you got your priest visiting then? (Catholic) My nephew didn’t know what he was on about and just said ‘’No, why? And his friend said ‘’I thought I just saw some bloke in a Red Cloak looking out of the top window and thought it was your Priest going to the bathroom ‘’.

Needless to say, my nephew ignored the whole thing as he hadn’t been there when the Agent was supposedly jesting about a Monk being seen! But it certainly unsettled my brother and SIL for a while. They still didn’t mention anything to the kids.
Happily, he was never seen again.

The other incident was at the same cottage. My brother and SIL were going out to dinner in the evening with family members, It was a beautiful sunny day so brother decided it would be nice to sit on the back patio step to polish his shoes. He took his shoes, two cloths, a brush and tin of polish and sat down on the step. He had just started to put some polish onto his shoes with a cloth when the house phone rang. There was a party line in the kitchen right by the french door so he got up, put his shoes and the cloth on the step next to the tin of polish while he went to answer it. When he had finished with the call, he said he walked back to the step, sat down, picked up the cloth and went to pick up the tin of polish only to find the polish tin and it's lid had disappeared! He stood up and searched around for it, including lifting the cloths in case he had dropped one of them over it, but couldn’t see it anywhere. Even the lid that had been next to it was missing.

Of course, the first thing he thought was ‘’Damn, I must have carried the polish in with me’’ but he was puzzled because the phone was on the wall by the door and there was nowhere to put a polish tin down, in fact, he had been standing outside on the patio itself throughout the call.
Again, there was no sign of it indoors, as he knew it couldn’t be. So he walked back out again thinking he was going cuckoo, over to the step, only to see there on the step where he had originally left them in full view, was his tin of polish with the lid lying next to it, both exactly in the same spot. There was no chance of anyone playing a joke on him either as SIL had taken nephew swimming and weren't due back for another hour or so, and my Niece was at her Nan's.

He said he could never explain it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
In your dreams Todgy!
Donkeyman!
Ah contraire!

Granted I used to get flashbacks for a while (and no doubt difficult to believe now) I was a bit of a raver for a while but, as with smoking tobacco, I stopped cold turkey once I had graduated.

Just like that.

Keep in mind that acid was still "legal" while I was up at university, and although "hemp" was illegal it was widely available in Liverpool, only a few miles away. Acid was bought on postage sized pieces of (presumably) filter paper with a dot of active ingredient and a binder, in our case from undergrads reading chemistry.

Oh happy days!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-12-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Bread, I've never personally experienced seeing ghosts or ghostly things. The only two spooky episodes I can think of that I haven’t already related on previous Ghost stories on OFF, happened to my brother at the cottage they had just bought right in the heart of the countryside for them and their children aged 11 and 13.

A couple of weeks after they had signed for the empty property, they were meeting the Agent there to get the keys and take some measurements. My brother knew the Agent well as all local, so as they entered, he jokingly said to the Agent, ‘’Hope there aren’t any Ghosts you haven’t told us about?’’ To which the Agent laughed and said: ” Nah, nothing untoward, although there has been the odd rumour about a Monk being seen around the property, that is obviously a load of crap’’ (his words).
Of course, they didn’t mention a word of this to the children as they didn’t want them frightened with tales of Ghosts in the home.

The day they moved in, my 13-year old nephew’s best friend cycled up the lane to visit. When he knocked on the door my nephew invited him in and his friend said ‘’you got your priest visiting then? (Catholic) My nephew didn’t know what he was on about and just said ‘’No, why? And his friend said ‘’I thought I just saw some bloke in a Red Cloak looking out of the top window and thought it was your Priest going to the bathroom ‘’.

Needless to say, my nephew ignored the whole thing as he hadn’t been there when the Agent was supposedly jesting about a Monk being seen! But it certainly unsettled my brother and SIL for a while. They still didn’t mention anything to the kids.
Happily, he was never seen again.

The other incident was at the same cottage. My brother and SIL were going out to dinner in the evening with family members, It was a beautiful sunny day so brother decided it would be nice to sit on the back patio step to polish his shoes. He took his shoes, two cloths, a brush and tin of polish and sat down on the step. He had just started to put some polish onto his shoes with a cloth when the house phone rang. There was a party line in the kitchen right by the french door so he got up, put his shoes and the cloth on the step next to the tin of polish while he went to answer it. When he had finished with the call, he said he walked back to the step, sat down, picked up the cloth and went to pick up the tin of polish only to find the polish tin and it's lid had disappeared! He stood up and searched around for it, including lifting the cloths in case he had dropped one of them over it, but couldn’t see it anywhere. Even the lid that had been next to it was missing.

Of course, the first thing he thought was ‘’Damn, I must have carried the polish in with me’’ but he was puzzled because the phone was on the wall by the door and there was nowhere to put a polish tin down, in fact, he had been standing outside on the patio itself throughout the call.
Again, there was no sign of it indoors, as he knew it couldn’t be. So he walked back out again thinking he was going cuckoo, over to the step, only to see there on the step where he had originally left them in full view, was his tin of polish with the lid lying next to it, both exactly in the same spot. There was no chance of anyone playing a joke on him either as SIL had taken nephew swimming and weren't due back for another hour or so, and my Niece was at her Nan's.

He said he could never explain it.

I worked in a recording studio once when things went missing all the time. They would turn up days or even weeks later. It was a really scary place and I'm not the sort of person to scare easily. A few musicians would never step foot in the place again after seeing strange things and hearing scratching down the walls etc.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 11:44 PM

Notwithstanding my previous statements regarding my strong scepticism about all things "ghostly and "UFO" ish. I do have 2 incidents that I can comment on that tested those attitudes. The first is before I developed any attitudes about just about anything. I was 11 years old on a farming holiday in South Western Australian dairy country. I was out bike riding with several friends when we saw a very old car in the distance kicking up dust travelling very fast on a side road. We watched as the car disappeared behind an old shed and did not reappear. We thought it might be one of those hotted up Rat Fink jalopies and rode over to have a look. All we found in the shed was some rusted old car parts and junk. No intact car of any kind. There was no other road. No under ground garage. No other building. Nowhere it could have gone without us seeing it. A ghost car? We just rode away scratching our heads. I have heard similar stories to this one about old cars disappearing. PLanes, boats and trains also. They've made movies about these things. But this was my experience.

The other was when we visited Port Arthur in Tasmania in winter. It was late afternoon and very windy and chilly. There was snow on Mount Wellington above Hobart. We walked through the old prison and as the wind whistled and the shadows grew long among the old sandstone ruin it felt very spooky indeed. And when we saw the Isle of the Dead - the cemetery where convicts were buried - after they died that is - It seemed to get a lot colder still.Thats it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top