Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:11 AM

Re: Will You Be Staying Up All Night To Hear The Election Results?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agreed. My guess is that 80+% of the voting population owns a smartphone with fingerprint recognition login accessibility for sensitive apps. Which would mean that the vote could easily be made (with larger turnout) far more quickly and efficiently since only a small number of people would have to rely on postal votes or turning up at local election stations, leading to far fewer errors in counting and far fewer bits of paper to count.

As for security, if my experience is the norm, then it's a joke anyway. They didn't need/want to see any form if ID and I could just as easily have turned up a few times throughout the day knowing the name, address and postcode of any of my neighbours since it's highly unlikely that they had the same people working throughout the 15 hour shift who might have recognised me.

It could all be done by midnight.
Hi

Fact of life, Fingerprint recognition is not used for any secure systems.

Far too easily hacked.

This is why it has been discounted.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just listen to LBC first 3 results in Labour have won two.

BUT BUT BUT Looks like Labour are getting their arses kicked.

Yep

Being discussed in this thread:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=65363
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Far too easily hacked.

Not for banking!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:29 AM

Hi

Far too easily hacked.

All such ideas are flawed. e.g. fingerprint recognition tech does not allow for people with poor circulation.

Most such technologies which include facial recognition etc do not take into account physical changes of ageing, surgery and injury. This makes them fundamentally rubbish.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
All such ideas are flawed. e.g. fingerprint recognition tech does not allow for people with poor circulation.

Most such technologies which include facial recognition etc do not take into account physical changes of ageing, surgery and injury. This makes them fundamentally rubbish.
People tend to adapt and change their biometric logins accordingly. In any case, you're referring to a tiny proportion. My argument is that there is a significant majority who can legitimately login and vote safely, which will reduce the number of paper votes which need to be counted and thus make the overnight extended TV shows unnecessary.

I also refer you security in terms of physical turnout being rubbish given the slapdash ways of checking ID.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 02:16 AM

Not for banking!
Hi

Really?

Guy is now home, a senior analyst for a huge UK Bank before he left the UK, he does not do Online Banking.

Far too much of a risk.

My background is very different, Public Protection.

Fingerprint ID is a complete NoNo, simply not used.

It is a complete fallacy.

I do not do online Banking either, it is a con.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-12-2019, 02:50 AM

Hi

Really?

Guy is now home, a senior analyst for a huge UK Bank before he left the UK, he does not do Online Banking.

Far too much of a risk.

My background is very different, Public Protection.

Fingerprint ID is a complete NoNo, simply not used.

It is a complete fallacy.

I do not do online Banking either, it is a con.
Different experience. I've never been ripped off AFAIK. My accounts are accurate. I check daily. Have had some dodgy random ubereats transactions which I've nipped in the bud due to my daily checks. Have chased up some late payments from clients at times. All in all, it's been a good thing. All via my fingerprint login.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 03:17 AM

Looking forward to seeing if Jo Swinson has lost her seat.

Rubs hands in expectation
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 05:30 AM

Yeah! Jo Swinson out on her arse.

That'll teach her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 05:33 AM

People tend to adapt and change their biometric logins accordingly. In any case, you're referring to a tiny proportion. My argument is that there is a significant majority who can legitimately login and vote safely, which will reduce the number of paper votes which need to be counted and thus make the overnight extended TV shows unnecessary.

I also refer you security in terms of physical turnout being rubbish given the slapdash ways of checking ID.
I just think we are in danger of over-complicating the process by making it too high tech. Increasing reliance on systems for every aspect of our lives is risky when they fail and is subject to more interference than a well organised paper trail.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top