Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:41 AM

Seance

We are having seance meetings advertised around here.
Do you believe there are gifted people who can contact those beyond the grave or, like me, believe it is just a big con.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:46 AM

Re: Seance

I change my mind all the time about it Ben....my common sense tells me it's all gobbledygook then something happens I can't explain. I would be very wary of people who say they can speak with the dead though....that's a step too far for me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:54 AM

I put seances in the same category as religion, ghosts and witches and class them as a load of nonsense.

Unfortunately, they can have a really sinister side and a detrimental effect on some 'believers'. I know of one woman who killed herself having been convinced by a medium and seances that her son who was tragically killed in an accident was 'still around' somewhere she could meet up with him in some other place.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:55 AM

I'm the same Summer

I remember years ago my friend told me she had started a ouija board seance whilst staying in an old house with other female friends.
She swears to this day that the upturned glass moved without any human force.. at which point they all screamed and abandoned the idea!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:57 AM

It can be just as difficult speaking to the living.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It can be just as difficult speaking to the living.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm the same Summer

I remember years ago my friend told me she had started a ouija board seance whilst staying in an old house with other female friends.
She swears to this day that the upturned glass moved without any human force.. at which point they all screamed and abandoned the idea!

I wish people wouldn't mess with these Ouija boards.
They can be unsettling at least, and dangerous at the worst.
They are not an alternative party game for people who have no idea what they are doing.
Leave well alone.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:06 AM

I haven't actually attended a seance, however a friend asked me to accompany her to a local spiritualist church. She had lost her mother (who wasn't from our area) and some of the things mentioned to her through the 'medium' could not have been known by the medium.

No money passed hands and there is no doubt that some people who attended got some kind of comfort from being there.

Me? I'm keeping an open mind.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:07 AM

I forsaw in a trance all the ladies on here wanted my body to grab hold of and make mad passionate love to. Then I came out of the trance and nothing happened

So a Seance is a load of BS
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:10 AM

BB can you tell me the medium who is running the seance i.e. full name then maybe i can give you some info on them

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top