Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

14-12-2019, 01:48 PM

Re: 75 Times!

I have nothing to hide, the cleanest back ground possible and it's a gross invasion of my privacy.

How can so many people be watched and controlled by so few is a question I ask myself often.

Humans are incredibly easy to herd.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That's how many times in one day, the average person in the UK is filmed on CCTV and other personal security cameras.
Those who live in the country... not so often of course
And for those who live and/or work in London, it can be as many as 300 times a day!

Does that make you feel safer?
Or do you think that it is an unnecessary invasion of privacy?
Doesn't make it any safer imo,it aids in determining crimes.

here
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanster ->
I have nothing to hide, the cleanest back ground possible and it's a gross invasion of my privacy.

How can so many people be watched and controlled by so few is a question I ask myself often.

Humans are incredibly easy to herd.
Yes I totally agree. I hate being watched, it creeps me out.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I totally agree. I hate being watched, it creeps me out.
Funnily enough, the only people being tracked are the Honest ones.

All the baddies wear masks, etc.!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:49 PM

Hi

Most of it is not watched unless a crime has been reported, very good for evidence and identifying suspects.

The few bits which are fully monitored are used to identify and follow known or suspicious persons.

We use AI to trigger suspicious behaviour in high risk locations and this is immensely important in preventing Terrorist Attacks and importation of drugs and weapons.

It is simply not possible for staff to remember and recognise everyone on the watch list.

It amuses me that some of those who complain most loudly have Reward Cards, the private sector knows far more about you and your movements than the Government do.

I was part of the system.

To stay off grid, use a single cashpoint, withdraw cash and use cash for purchases

Buy your fuel at the same petrol station, do not use Public Transport and always park on street, never in a car park.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanster ->
How can so many people be watched and controlled by so few is a question I ask myself often..
We can't. It's a logistical impossibility.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 05:56 AM

Annie I think "they" - meaning those technocrats and their political masters who have the reins on where technology goes and what it's used for - are already well on the way to reading our minds. What we do; the patterns of our daily travels by car, public transport etc, where we go on the internet, where we shop, who our friends are, our opinions, beliefs and everything else we think and do is already recorded. Metadata is stored by internet service providers. Governments have or take access to it blah blah blah. All of that basically reflects what is going on in our minds. I'm afraid we don't even have that left.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:53 AM

Do you think that all these cameras watch these hidden terrorists and know their whereabouts. Sometimes we hear of terrorists being arrested as they were planning an attack that was foiled .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:59 AM

It’s just a sign of the times these days. It doesn’t bother me as l don’t suppose there’s much l can do about it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top