Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Marriage - RIP

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When you are young and in love why ever should you not want to marry ?
The cost of the wedding?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:18 AM

Register office or simple church you don’t need the trimmings.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:41 AM

Marriage is more of a partnership these days....family life has changed so much especially the role of women and how kids are reared....not necessarily worse just different .....Marriage is still popular.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:44 AM

i simple don’t understand why people with children who have been together for years don’t marry .
What are they waiting for ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:55 AM

I think many choose to live together these days. I have done marriage once, never again. Once was enough!

I’d rather spend money on a better house than spend it all in one day, on a show off wedding for ‘other people’.

Then you wouldn’t have to choose between inviting the guests for the day meal and the ‘plate lickers’ for the night do!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:33 AM

Artangel , i remember getting married and did the whole event myself including the buffet for 60 people invited to the house . After the wedding we rarely saw these people again and since the divorce apart from a small handful those 'close' friends never existed

Funny isnt it .

Although a good happy marriage must be wonderful its a tough old world to live in on ya own
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Artangel , i remember getting married and did the whole event myself including the buffet for 60 people invited to the house . After the wedding we rarely saw these people again and since the divorce apart from a small handful those 'close' friends never existed

Funny isnt it .

Although a good happy marriage must be wonderful its a tough old world to live in on ya own
Susan, Gosh what a huge task to have to do on your wedding day! You must’ve been shattered!

When l was married. I used to see some of my friends living on their own and thought, l would hate to live on my own.
Now l do, l love it. I have lovely men friends but l don’t seek to live with, or marry them.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Art . I was young and full of energy and we couldn't afford to pay caterers . I had worked in the catering trade and decided to do it all in our new old house . Besides I think you can do anything when your in love .

Ah well . Nice memories but not forever
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 01:00 PM

I got married too young (for me) the first time. When it came to the second time, we both thought it best to live together for a while before tying the knot. That way there would be no divorce proceedings to go through if the feelings for each other didn't last. Couples living together for a while before getting married is maybe not a bad idea.

Both marriages were simple. The ceremony and then drinks in a pub or at our place afterwards. I sometimes think couples place more importance on a lavish wedding than thinking about how they will get on with each other afterwards.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 01:12 PM

How did you propose?
I said to my wife to be "Where would you like to go for your honeymoon?"
"But we,re not married yet"
"OK, Let,s get that out of the way first"
Romantic or what?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top