Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 04:56 AM

Re: Blackfly

I've had very little in the way of pests this year, I put it down to the wet and cold weather. However, I did have an apple tree uprooted by the wind while I was away. It had loads of apples on it but it is now confined to the recycling bin !
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 06:15 AM

Well I dont do flowers now just have Hostas and one or two leafy things(its too wet for flowers here) and the leaves are massive this year, loose phoebe when she goes out into the garden, she disappears almost under the vegetation.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

16-07-2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
My tiny oak bonsai, gave up the ghost this winter and I noticed mildew on it, but I will try another this year. There are two acorns growing in one border so I'll lift them and I'll have the oil in the greenhouse ready, just in case.
I might bring the oak, if it grows, indoors for the winter.
Hi Jan, the tea tree is good for mildew and other fungal infections and the lavender is to zap the aphids so it is a two in one treatment really.
It is best to keep the treated plant/s out of strong sunlight until dry, which is not a problem for us up here

The Bonsai oak we have can get badly affected in these damp conditions but with the treatment seems to keep going.
Good luck with yours.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Well George, I believe your tip worked The runner beans are aphid free! The plants are picking up nicely and we have small beans showing. Thanks.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-07-2012, 11:47 PM

Glad to hear it seems to be working Jan.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top