Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:05 PM

Re: Smells You Dislike?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Yes, more effective than contraceptives I'm told!

Yes, you ought to try it being packed in like sardines on the daily tube grind to and from work in London, especially when they are face to face with you and there is no escape from their garlicky breath. eeoouuwwww! gross!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Garlic is the natural enemy of cholesterol. It really does clean out artery walls. No link but I'm sure you can find something.
I try to use as much garlic in my cooking as possible.
And me! Every day has to have onion, garlic, and cheese in it somewhere - not necessarily at the same time!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, you ought to try it being packed in like sardines on the daily tube grind to and from work in London, especially when they are face to face with you and there is no escape from their garlicky breath. eeoouuwwww! gross!
SG, l thought if you have eaten garlic and someone else has too, you can’t smell it off each other?

Garlic and onions thin your blood... don’t they?
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You took me back then Westender...I remember having to have a spoonful of vile cod liver oil every day at school as a kid....it was horrible....and the smell .....Yuk!

I know a lot of people like the smell of petrol but I hate it...it gives me terrible headaches
In my case it was self inflicted summer. As I remember the bottle I kept in the fridge looked more manky and unappetising by the day.
Cod liver oil....defo on the bad list.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That hurts!
I was known as Billy Bad Breath of The Bakerloo Line.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Prawn heads & shells that have been tied up in a plastic bag for nearly a week, yuck yuck what our bin smells like ...

Prawn heads in the bin!?...never!. They are the tastiest part of the prawn dOOd. I should give you my recipe for prawn head soup with smoked paprika. It's my own "Mediterrasian" invention. It's already been poached by a local chef - with my blessing.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Rotting food, smoke apart from some pipe tobacco, exhaust fumes, stagnant water and worst of all dead shrews that my cats hide in the house, you can smell them but can't find them because they're behind a wardrobe or under the settee!

Nearly forgot! Cow poo that my dog likes to roll in if I'm not quick enough to stop her!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 08:25 AM

The smell of kippers aghhh they make the house stink all day and smoked haddock that’s another yuk
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 10:31 PM

Ah, TessA has just reminded me that cigar or pipe smoke actually makes me feel sick! I loathe the smell of both.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top