Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 06:22 PM

Re: Angry about hedges!

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
[/B]

If you are using Google maps and you know the road name you should be able to use Google Earth, part of Google maps, and find the number on the front of the house in question that way.

I did that one Christmas when sending out cards and I had lost the address of someone I know. Soon found it that way, I knew the road but couldn't recall the number, there it was on the front door – brilliant!
I don't know what the front door looks like
Somewhere between finding the garden that backs onto mine and streetview things go awry.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't know what the front door looks like
Somewhere between finding the garden that backs onto mine and streetview things go awry.
That was just a thought, slight problem there then. No chance of walking round there just to get the house number, you should be able to see the back of your house so know which one backs onto you? That would give you the house number.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 09:55 PM

That was just a thought, slight problem there then. No chance of walking round there just to get the house number, you should be able to see the back of your house so know which one backs onto you? That would give you the house number.
Foiled again! The "hedge" is about 10' high and my home is a bungalow. There's six identical ones in a row, semi detatched. So I may not get the right one.

I think I'll leave it to the council.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Foiled again! The "hedge" is about 10' high and my home is a bungalow. There's six identical ones in a row, semi detatched. So I may not get the right one.

I think I'll leave it to the council.
Well, another problem then. Not to be foiled, light a smoky bonfire in your garden, plenty of green stuff on there to get it really smoky. Dash round to the road where this evasive house is and you should be able to see which house is immediately in front of where the smoke is coming from. Just hope nobody calls 999 to report a fire!

Or of course, you could as you write, just leave it to the council!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 11:01 PM

Well, another problem then. Not to be foiled, light a smoky bonfire in your garden, plenty of green stuff on there to get it really smoky. Dash round to the road where this evasive house is and you should be able to see which house is immediately in front of where the smoke is coming from.
Or, have a 5G mast put up
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 06:12 PM

OP any shrubs overhanging the fence I would hack it back .
Wait for the council to intervene you could be waiting a long time.
If it’s really annoying you it’s worth paying someone to cut down if you feel it’s beyond you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

15-07-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
OP any shrubs overhanging the fence I would hack it back .
Wait for the council to intervene you could be waiting a long time.
If it’s really annoying you it’s worth paying someone to cut down if you feel it’s beyond you.
I don't have money to spend on that sort of thing, contractors charge a lot. If the council sort it out then the owner will know that they have to do it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

15-07-2020, 06:36 PM

Well, another problem then. Not to be foiled, light a smoky bonfire in your garden, plenty of green stuff on there to get it really smoky. Dash round to the road where this evasive house is and you should be able to see which house is immediately in front of where the smoke is coming from. Just hope nobody calls 999 to report a fire!

Or of course, you could as you write, just leave it to the council!
By the time I dash round there it would probably be out anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 07:01 PM

Get a helium balloon and put it on a long string tie to your fence then go around and check which house it is .
Or send a letter to all the houses !
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 10:08 AM

Easiest way is to have a look at Google Earth. It's a photographic birds eye view of your street and surrounding streets.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top