Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 09:47 PM

Re: Being A Member on the OFF

Nice to hear from you Azz, I hope all is well with you.

Great to see you back again Surfer, I missed your cheerful presence.

I’ve been here for 10 years now, and I can honestly say the years flew in.
Had some great laughs and got plenty of good advice and tips too, thank you all.

I’ve also seen a small minority of hateful people and political fanatics come and go during that time but I’ve never taken their bait and always ignored them, and any new ones of the same ilk I continue to ignore.
Azz the man said, there’s enough hate in the world as it is.

It’s the real genuine kind people that I love here, both new and old members, and I will always miss the many who have sadly passed away or have left for reasons of their own.
That’s the sad part of being on an over 50’s forum for a long time, the grim reaper takes his pick of your friends.

To give credit where it’s due, Mags and Meg have always been helpful, even before they became mods, they do a first class job here and I’m very grateful to them for giving so much of their time and patience to the forum.

Yes it takes all sorts to make a forum, and I’m glad to say on this one the good far far outnumber the bad.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What a joy it is to read this thread, and how much I have missed you all. Mea culpa for being so unforgivably overdue in posting.

Strangely. my absence has been due to guilt after belittling the impact of the Corona virus thread, right here on this forum in February or early March. I brushed the virus off as nothing more than a round of flu. That unforgivable response hung so heavy on my heart that I tried to make up for it by joining and then coordinating efforts to deliver food and medications to seniors in my local town. I still feel terrible about being so apathetic about a virus that would affect so many - so deeply.

As for the question at hand, it appears that I joined in 2017 when circumstances related to adopting a very needy dog and helping my daughter recover from a brain disease left me stranded at home without friends and family. The bright and good OFF members kept my mind and heart afloat when I might otherwise have found myself in isolation.

So, hello again , and I hope this finds each of you safe and well . What a privilege it is to be here and to know such good-hearted and interesting people.

Oh, and don't let us Americans into your country quite yet . The spread of the virus is rampant this summer, and no one seems to think that they could be the cause of the spread.
It's lovely to see you here again Surfermom, you have been missed by many on the forum.

I'm pleased to hear you are safe and well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi all, I hope you're all doing well and are keeping safe.

I can't believe this forum has been going for over a decade now!!! It's great to see so many of you still here and keeping each other occupied

I keep meaning to come back and give this place a bit of an update, but unfortunately the forum software we use here is so old that's not easily done (we'd essentially have to start over again).

Our very own M&Ms have been doing a great job moderating here for all that time, and I hope none of you are giving them a hard time.

I also hope you're all safe and haven't been too affected by the pandemic.

Stay safe and please look after each other - there's enough hate and hurt in the world as it is, you're all part of the OFF family and for some of you, that may mean you only have each other. Be kind and stay safe

They are the best....Meg and Mags.........I have been behaving.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 10:14 PM

What a joy it is to read this thread, and how much I have missed you all. Mea culpa for being so unforgivably overdue in posting.

Strangely. my absence has been due to guilt after belittling the impact of the Corona virus thread, right here on this forum in February or early March. I brushed the virus off as nothing more than a round of flu. That unforgivable response hung so heavy on my heart that I tried to make up for it by joining and then coordinating efforts to deliver food and medications to seniors in my local town. I still feel terrible about being so apathetic about a virus that would affect so many - so deeply.

As for the question at hand, it appears that I joined in 2017 when circumstances related to adopting a very needy dog and helping my daughter recover from a brain disease left me stranded at home without friends and family. The bright and good OFF members kept my mind and heart afloat when I might otherwise have found myself in isolation.

So, hello again , and I hope this finds each of you safe and well . What a privilege it is to be here and to know such good-hearted and interesting people.

Oh, and don't let us Americans into your country quite yet . The spread of the virus is rampant this summer, and no one seems to think that they could be the cause of the spread.

Surfermum...I nearly started a thread about you yesterday...as you haven’t been here since April.

Then here you are...great to see you back..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 10:15 PM

I have conformed, for reasons I don't understand.

Never wanted to be in a team.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:45 AM

Here’s my join date
Join Date. 06-02-2013
I just flit in occasionally
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

27-07-2020, 09:16 AM

I think OFF is one of the better forums for seniors, not perfect, but then no forum is.

I post on forums for discussion purposes only, I have no interest in making forum 'friends', once bitten twice shy etc.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I think OFF is one of the better forums for seniors, not perfect, but then no forum is.

I post on forums for discussion purposes only, I have no interest in making forum 'friends', once bitten twice shy etc.
That’s a compliment from you Monkeypuzzle ...... thank you!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:40 AM

Azz

As they say "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" , the site is fine as it is.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:44 AM

I thought on of my women in my hareem on here was missing. Nice to see your posting again

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top