Join for free
Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:07 PM

Re: What Things Have You Learned On This Forum?

Longdogs that somehow doesn’t sound so good ......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I am awaiting the introduction of a ‘safe place’ for those who might find some posts ‘abrasive’ or upsetting.

A room with sandpapered walls perhaps?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish Ted but they are like flies .
Useless and tiresome .
I'll get me coat!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Longdogs that somehow doesn’t sound so good ......
I quite like it (not personally of course).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You two should marry and become 'Old Grey Queen'.
I'm game if Lion Queen is.....
We'll just have to convince our other half's first........And it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, so the timing might be a little off....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry to hear that, Baz.
I hope things begin to look up for you again before long.

I'm afraid that I suffer from being taken seriously sometimes when I'm pulling legs. I suppose that I'd say, if in doubt don't take me at my word.
Better late than never JBR, so my thanks for your understanding words.

I have seen enough of your posts to know you do like ‘pulling legs’ so usually I would not ‘bite’. However, for the last two months I have not posted due to both being disillusioned by events on here a while back and also to recent, close family ill-health problems. I was trying to get back to posting as that’s a good way to have a break from it all. Although it’s not quite as easy to overlook the lack of a sense of humour that personal situation has caused me, hence ‘taking the bait’ and replying as I did.

Anyway, thanks again for your post, it is appreciated.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by baz46 ->
better late than never jbr, so my thanks for your understanding words.

I have seen enough of your posts to know you do like ‘pulling legs’ so usually i would not ‘bite’. However, for the last two months i have not posted due to both being disillusioned by events on here a while back and also to recent, close family ill-health problems. I was trying to get back to posting as that’s a good way to have a break from it all. Although it’s not quite as easy to overlook the lack of a sense of humour that personal situation has caused me, hence ‘taking the bait’ and replying as i did.

Anyway, thanks again for your post, it is appreciated.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 08:49 AM

Things I’ve learnt on this and another forum ...hmmmm.
I’ve learnt its best to bite my tongue if humanly possible. I must try harder.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Things I’ve learnt on this and another forum ...hmmmm.
I’ve learnt its best to bite my tongue if humanly possible. I must try harder.
Ha! I've been here for nearly 8 years and only just decided that I'm wasting my time trying to lift some opinions out of the 1950's!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ha! I've been here for nearly 8 years and only just decided that I'm wasting my time trying to lift some opinions out of the 1950's!
I wish we could go back to the 1950's TessA....
Life seemed so much more........Well friendlier and community driven....The music was good, the BBC reported proper news, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and a fag, you didn't feel guilty about damaging the planet cos nobody (except the doctor) had a car, your brain wasn't full of useless information off tinternet, you could have a proper conversation with your kids without them being glued to a screen, villages were just small hamlets of farms instead of massive housing estates, and only burglars and the lone ranger wore masks! Kimosabi!

Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top