Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 11:51 AM

Re: Japan Agrees on Defence Pact

I don't know why all the usual suspects are babbling on about Islam. Japan's religion(s) are Shintoism and Buddhism and Australia is a secular country.

Not that religion has anything to do with the RAA Australia is signing with Japan.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't know why all the usual suspects are babbling on about Islam. Japan's religion(s) are Shintoism and Buddhism and Australia is a secular country.

Not that religion has anything to do with the RAA Australia is signing with Japan.
I can only speak for my earlier response.

During WW2 Japanese soldiers had almost a fear of being captured or of surrendering and so most frequently fought to the death.
This was mainly because of their belief in the bushido code and in seppuku where (in effect) to die honorably was almost a requirement as opposed to the humiliation of being disgraced.
That is why thousands of what we know as kamikaze pilots caused such destruction.

That fearlesness borne of religious code isn't so dissimilar to the martyrdom sought by fervent muslims.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I can only speak for my earlier response.

During WW2 Japanese soldiers had almost a fear of being captured or of surrendering and so most frequently fought to the death.
This was mainly because of their belief in the bushido code and in seppuku where (in effect) to die honorably was almost a requirement as opposed to the humiliation of being disgraced.
That is why thousands of what we know as kamikaze pilots caused such destruction.

That fearlesness borne of religious code isn't so dissimilar to the martyrdom sought by fervent muslims.
One huge difference is that mohammadans firmly believe that to have their deaths accepted by the allah thing grants them immediate entry into The Garden and all that goes with it. There is no sacrifice involved.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top