Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 07:47 PM

Scars, most of us have them so...

What's your best scar story?

My daughter was still an infant and we’d recently bought a house in the middle of nowhere (new suburb). We had been to visit my mum and dad and got back home really late. It was dark and I was afraid. My then hubby got out the car to open the front door, whilst the car was parked in the gravel driveway. I was carrying my infant baby and jumped out the car, my foot caught on my handbag lying at my feet in the car and I tripped! I held my baby girl and took the fall on my knees. In the process, I broke/fractured my left knee cartilage and it was off to hospital for me! A light scar remains to remind me of what it means to be a mother.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:35 PM

Re: Scars, most of us have them so...

I have a scar of around six-inches long that runs up from my right hand and continues up my arm for about four inches. I got that while breaking up a ceramic wash-basin. My hammer, complete with hand went straight through it, and I was slashed by a sharp edge. Bled like a stuck pig I did . I also have a four-inch scar at the side of my head - six stitches, courtesy of a game of murder ball while still at school.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have a scar of around six-inches long that runs up from my right hand and continues up my arm for about four inches. I got that while breaking up a ceramic wash-basin. My hammer, complete with hand went straight through it, and I was slashed by a sharp edge. I also have a four-inch scar at the side of my head - six stitches, courtesy of a game of murder ball while still at school.
Blimey George, you’ve been through the trenches with the scars to prove it!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:41 PM

Emotional scars, and I'm proud of them. Grrrr
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-11-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Emotional scars, and I'm proud of them. Grrrr
Whoorah !
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Whoorah !
I love you Minx. 😐
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-11-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I love you Minx. 😐
DooD I love you too!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

21-11-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
DooD I love you too!
Whoorah
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:52 PM

Had a few. One was in Libya on an oilfield. It was a scar on my forehead - 15 stitches. The site surgeon patched it that day and off to work I went. Baseball cap to cover it.

A little souvenir...

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-11-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Had a few. One was in Libya on an oilfield. It was a scar on my forehead - 15 stitches. The site surgeon patched it that day and off to work I went. Baseball cap to cover it.

A little souvenir...

Wow Visitor, is there anyway in Africa that you haven’t been to? You had your face stitched in a third world country by site surgeon? I would have insisted on a plastic surgeon! Actually I did when my ex broke my nose with a chopping board because I suggested sandwiches for dinner instead of a cooked meal as I was tired the one day after work. I was not bringing my Western friends ideas home - you see. So I had to ‘learn’ who is the boss. I made sure that he had to pay up to fix my nose proper. Still have that scar but not a highlight in my life.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top