Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 12:32 PM

Re: planet check please

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How on earth did you manage to keep the camera still enough, while using that amount of magnification, for it not to be blurred realspeed....?.. It's an impressive shot all the same....
the second photo was the original and hoped that with a bit of enlarging would produce something. Without going all tech a lot depends on the camera and the megapixels it has . My Nikon D810 has 36mp. which will produce a more defined photo than say a camera with only 6mp.
I would have considered the Nikon D850 with 45mp but one has to consider the file size against the computer memory storage. you would quickly need a large externalstorage bit of kit.

As for keeping the camera still the lens has VR (vibration reduction) which cuts down some camera shake but not all.

the trick is not to let hand/arm muscles fight with each other but work together. That depends on how you hold the camera in one hand and the lens in the other. after seeing this

this guy woffles on a bit but makes sense

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 12:47 PM

Re: planet check please

Although my camera doesn't have a long telescopic like the one in the vid realspeed, I'm going to try that method because it makes real sense. Thanks for posting...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top