Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:51 AM

You c an't win

Yesterday afternoon I got up not just leaves but small twigs as well. The grass was completely clear, now this morning

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:00 PM

Re: You c an't win

That what it means in the US by Fall.
My garden is covered in leaves.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:38 PM

This is the third or fourth time collected up and still more to come
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Try working as a gardener.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 04:15 PM

I sweep the leaves up every day, except when it's raining

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 04:19 PM

I hope you leave them in a nice tidy pile so Mrs Hedgehog and her kiddywinks can hibernate in them, Mags.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-11-2020, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I sweep the leaves up every day, except when it's raining

if you have a smallish garden then yes sweep them up. Larger gardens need a different way of clearing them hence I use a petroll leaf blower. That lot took about ten minuits to gather and bag up ready for the dump
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I hope you leave them in a nice tidy pile so Mrs Hedgehog and her kiddywinks can hibernate in them, Mags.
Of course Percy they are in sheltered part of the garden.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-11-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
if you have a smallish garden then yes sweep them up. Larger gardens need a different way of clearing them hence I use a petroll leaf blower. That lot took about ten minuits to gather and bag up ready for the dump
10 minutes! you definitely aren't getting any exercise there.

Re larger gardens needing a different way of clearing .... rubbish! My parents had a huge garden when I was young, the garden was surrounded by trees as well as the trees in the garden, we just rolled up our sleeves and got on with the leaf clearing in those days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-11-2020, 08:07 PM

Oh for the good old days Mags.
Washboards instead of washing machines- washing lines instead of spin dryers -Horse and cart instead of Lorries. Local shops instead of supermarkets-Milk on the doorstep - candles instead of electric lights- 2 postal deliveries a day- If ill the Dr came to the house- mechanical repairs instead of plastic throw aways

Mags this is 2020 when no one has time for anything. Spend too long in a public loo and you get an angry queue waiting outside

I still have a very old broom, only had to replace the head 5 times and the handle twice

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top