Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 01:02 PM

Re: A Dancer or a Shuffler?

I used to dance like a house brick but my good lady taught me how to tango..what’s the phrase? still able to cut the rug?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 03:35 PM

Neither - I can't be bothered these days.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I went to ballroom dancing lessons as a young girl, with my brother, my parents insisted we learn because they went to lots of dances & took us with them. Met my to be OH & I dragged him to dance lessons to as he had never learnt to dance. It was fun.
A couple of times over the last 4 or 5 years my mother tried to get me to go to lessons, saying things like it would keep me fit (I go to the gym 3 times a week, usually!) and that I could meet nice women there (like I need a woman in my life!). I think she's given up asking now, thank the gods.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 05:12 PM

I used to love disco dancing.
We did country dancing at school but I'm not very coordinated.
My cousin and her husband taught ballroom dancing on cruise ships.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
A couple of times over the last 4 or 5 years my mother tried to get me to go to lessons, saying things like it would keep me fit (I go to the gym 3 times a week, usually!) and that I could meet nice women there (like I need a woman in my life!). I think she's given up asking now, thank the gods.
My brother is 8 years younger than me at the time I was nearly 20 & brother was only 12, though nearly as tall as me, but I wasn't happy about dancing with him, luckily I didn't have to as there were younger girls & older boys in the class. We learnt waltz, quickstep, my favourite dance, tango, foxtrot & jive. Once away from beginers, we had different classes with our own age groups. I think I got quite good at it. The only down side was when we went to the do's with our parents I had to dance with my brother.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 07:21 PM

I went along to some parties in the 60s where there was some jiving going on, but mostly we were spaced out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top