Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 01:09 PM

Re: CD Players

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Well, you'ld need a CD player.

There are lots of 5 CD players on ebay, used of course but I doubt you'll get a new one.
Thanks, Ray, had a look at some but they seemed to be mainly for cars. Will have another look.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
How has it stopped working? I had that problem with my autochanger Pioneer of some 40yrs and all it turned out to be was the laser lens needed a good clean. A friend removed the 5 disc draw and put a cleaning disc into the single disc drawer and within a few minutes I was back using the multi disc drawer and playing my music again :thumbup:
Lens cleaning was the first thing I tried. I think it is the auto mechanism that is worn out!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-08-2020, 01:13 PM

deleted - duplicate
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-08-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Silver Tabby, Sony is still making multi-disc changers. Here's a WhatHiFi link: https://www.whathifi.com/sony/cdp-cx455/overview to one of them. No idea of the cost though.
Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
You are correct, but that one is a 400 disc player and retails at around £1,900 which is a tad pricey
Damn - I was all excitement there for a while!

Thank you all very much for your replies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-08-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Depends what format the tracks on the CD are stored in. If they're in MP format already, you just need to drag and drop the files onto an MP3 player. Put the CD into a PC and then treat it as an external storage device to look at the files. If the files are in WAV format, they will need to be converted to MP3 first. Your biggest problem will be if the CDs are protected from unauthorised copying in which case you will need a CD `ripper` of some sort.

There's a couple of free ways to rip/convert your music files from CD. Have a look here:

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...d-mp3-3696177/
Thanks Judd.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top