Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: Huge explosion in Lebanese port

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There probably was Ammonium nitrate there but the explosions shown thus far to me looked as though there was a lot of fast high explosive there, probably more than fertiliser.

In any case ammonium nitrate is an oxidising agent that needs to act with a fuel in order to make a bang

Even then it's a "slow" explosive.

I remember the car bombs that the Fenien filth set off in order to kill and maim British men, women, and children in Ulster usually sounded like a "thump" rather than the sharp very loud crack from the few pure HE bombs the pigs used against the UK.
From the Beeb,
On its own, ammonium nitrate is relatively safe to handle, says Prof Sella.
However, if you have a large amount of material lying around for a long time it begins to decay.
"The real problem is that over time it will absorb little bits of moisture and it eventually turns into an enormous rock," he says. This makes it more dangerous because if a fire reaches it, the chemical reaction will be much more intense.
As demonstrated ...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 12:07 AM

It appears that the authorities had been warned about the dangers of this for some time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-reveal-path
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Backpedaling muchly!
I see my response to your negative comment has been removed. So I'll say it again. No , not back peddling at all and if you want to be blinkered with stars in your eyes , so be it. I can make my own mind up without having to take criticism from you on how I think.
As stated, in my previous post, I had no thoughts that Israel had got anything to do with this horrific catastrophe , my post was in response to yours. I do wish you wouldn't twist things to your own advantage . It makes you look foolish. ( which you did admit to) .

I hope , really hope that this might be some sort of levelling out in the Middle East. Always seems that a catastrophe has to bring different perspectives and change. Just so long as Turkey doesnt get a stronger foothold in Lebanon. Wolf in Sheeps clothing.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There's been some extreme left-wing arsehole of journalist accusing Israel about an attack even before any facts emerged.
Could be attributed to Trump referring to it as a 'terrible attack '

We all know he's a few pence short of a shilling, but it's a big error to make , considering all things.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 04:59 AM

Interesting if a bit slow

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 06:27 AM

Hang the politics - my thoughts are with the people. So many killed, injured, rendered homeless and deprived of their grain stores!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Interesting if a bit slow

Bit slow !

That is an understatement he would drive anyone mad with that delivery!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

06-08-2020, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hang the politics - my thoughts are with the people. So many killed, injured, rendered homeless and deprived of their grain stores!
Unfortunately ST, it is very political. How do they now get their food and supplies ?
Lebanon borders Israel and Syria. Israel .I doubt can transport food across the border . Operated by UN and passage for regular use is forbidden.
Syria hasn't got any food to offer, their own supplies of food and medicine having been subjected to outside political sabotage one way or another. They too are on the verge of starvation .
No other country can transport food into Syria it's not allowed and UN supplies are snaffled by the terroists. So as far as Lebanon is concerned, there's no viable option for food, medical supplies or anything else so far as I can see.
A smaller port at Tripoli, might be the only answer.

I must say Syria have been supportive with the casualties. Here is a very personal message from someone who lives there , and which I feel says a lot for the Syrian people and their compassion.
Maybe the world will focus more on the region and how the struggling has been ongoing for so many years not just on the 4th August 2020. +++++++

Never in my life ,have I met a more loving people than the Syrian people .
They sent ambulances to Lebanon to collect injured and bring them to Syria .

The world closed its doors on the Syrian people for close to a decade .
yet syria welcomes the world with open arms and a song in its heart .
Refugees from many nations in the past can testify to this .

Now it gives to the needed invaluable help .medical aid .

To the people of Syria I thank you .for being human .
I am so proud of these wonderful people I call friends

"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

06-08-2020, 08:41 AM

‘Syria welcomes people with a song in its heart ‘ ?

Hmmm this is typical flowery Arabic rhetoric .

Syria itself has been the recipient of much aid from the entire world so the world has not shut it’s doors on Syria at all .
This includes Israel which is always at the forefront of aid .

Meanwhile another AH mouths off and gets duly shot down on line

https://www.dailywire.com/news/israe...crushed-online
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

06-08-2020, 08:43 AM

Don;t know if you are replying to any of my posts muddy, but I don;t see them as you are on ignore for me.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top