Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:42 AM

The Way to a Man's Heart is?

They say that The way to a man's' heart is through his stomach!!
My friend intelligent and articulate a very efficient Secretary
She not only can't cook, she refuses to cook for her husband and family. They are only offered convenience food or microwaved food. Her husband who loves her and has got used to this, and often eats fresh food away from home.
Her four children are all tall and healthy and at University.
She obviously has other talents!!

So does it really matter if Wives and Mothers you can't cook?

My other friend cooks fresh meals three times a day for her family and her husband expects this as well, She does enjoy cooking.
The last time I saw her, she was very upset as the said husband had left her for a woman who did not cook, but smoked as well.

Where's the justice?

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:28 AM

Re: The Way to a Man's Heart is?

Maybe here?..My wife can cook very well but she doesn't have to. She has a demanding full time job and at 56 is a long way from retirement. I am retired and I do all the cooking. (And everything else at home with the help of my son who works part time)) I started out with the basics but over the years it has developed into more than a hobby. The food I cook is varied and cosmopolitan "Mediterasian" mostly. And all done with totally fresh ingredients. No processed or "fast" food is allowed past the front gate at our house unless somebody else apart from the three of us is going to eat it. As far as I know my wife has no plans to leave me for a younger man. (fingers crossed!) So I think I already made it to her heart some time ago and that was quite a while before I could cook well. Also her girlfriends at work keep saying how jealous they are that she has a chef for a husband. And she tells me she is lucky to have me which makes me feel very good. I think that old saying is..?..well..What an impolite person would call bad food? Whether you are a man or a woman, finding you way to somebody's heart and staying there is about a lot more than food or cooking. So my answer is I don't think it matters who does the cooking. AS long as it's done properly by somebody and it's appreciated by the people it's done for. JMO
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:05 AM

I love cooking but I'm not a slave to the kitchen...I do think though that cooking a special meal for someone you care about is a lovely thing to do...it doesn't have to be expensive ingredients or anything just time taken and beautifully cooked and presented....I think that's lovely.

Interestingly both my son and son in law both do the cooking and both do it from scratch like you keezoy
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:46 AM

The way to a man's heart is for a woman to understand her natural role in a partnership and abide by it and the same applies to a man.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:52 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by her natural role?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Hi

The person who said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach had set their sights too high.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm not sure what you mean by her natural role?
Home maker.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The person who said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach had set their sights too high.
Or through the third and fourth ribs??
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:56 AM

Does there need to be a way to a man's heart?
The men that have loved me, love me for the person I am, so I don't have to cook, provide sexual favours, or be a homemaker & if any man expected that from me I would reject him!

Before anybody gets the wrong idea, I am considered a good cook, enjoy sex and try to keep my home nice, but I do it because I choose to, not to try and win the love of a man.

I have also had a good career & worked full time till retirement, as have any of my partners
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:20 AM

I’d rather be a good cook than good at housework.

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with cooking or housework that makes a man or a woman leave. The bottom line is, they don’t fancy you anymore or you’ve grown apart or become like brother and sister..
There’s no point in flogging a dead horse.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top