Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:09 PM

Re: The way to a woman's heart

Random Washing Up helps, not because you have to, but because you want to.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Doesn't that work both ways though, Dongle?
Indeed Mups.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:12 PM

He loves me and besides he’s the only man I know that I don’t want to kill more than twice a week .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He loves me and besides he’s the only man I know that I don’t want to kill more than twice a week .

Well that's a good start, Muddy.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:16 PM

It’s definitely saying those three little words everyday

it’s my fault....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’s definitely saying those three little words everyday

it’s my fault....

Yes. That's a step in the right direction, Primus.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:53 PM

Well,it's not only her light fluffy dumplings or her Apple Pie that bring a smile to his face.

The love shows in his eyes when he looks a her.

When she is weary, and... women do get weary.
Try a little tenderness.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 12:23 AM

Well after 32 years or so I'm pretty sure my wife loves me - she tells me she does leastways - and I sure as hell love her. In the past I have asked her why. I still have a card she gave me with her reply to one of those times...

" I love you because you love me and you show it by how you treat me and what you do for me not just with words. You support me emotionally , encourage me and make me feel good about myself but you are not afraid to tell me when I'm off track. YOu take the load off, not pile it on. You are loyal. You are strong without trying to be macho or a bully. YOu are sensitive without being wet. You are the only nurse I want when I'm sick. Also because you cook the best moussaka I have ever tasted; even in Greece. And because you make me laugh often and never make me cry "

Maybe she exaggerates. I don't know. But it's nice to read. The bottom line is respect. If you respect each other and don't become slaves to domestic sex roles - just both muck in and do what has to be done. If you can honestly say that you don't want to be with anybody else - ever and it chills you to the very depths of your soul to think what the hell you would do without her/ him. Then you've got it nailed. The rest just takes care of itself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well after 32 years or so I'm pretty sure my wife loves me - she tells me she does leastways - and I sure as hell love her. In the past I have asked her why. I still have a card she gave me with her reply to one of those times...

" I love you because you love me and you show it by how you treat me and what you do for me not just with words. You support me emotionally , encourage me and make me feel good about myself but you are not afraid to tell me when I'm off track. YOu take the load off, not pile it on. You are loyal. You are strong without trying to be macho or a bully. YOu are sensitive without being wet. You are the only nurse I want when I'm sick. Also because you cook the best moussaka I have ever tasted; even in Greece. And because you make me laugh often and never make me cry "

Maybe she exaggerates. I don't know. But it's nice to read. The bottom line is respect. If you respect each other and don't become slaves to domestic sex roles - just both muck in and do what has to be done. If you can honestly say that you don't want to be with anybody else - ever and it chills you to the very depths of your soul to think what the hell you would do without her/ him. Then you've got it nailed. The rest just takes care of itself.

What a wonderful post, Keezoy!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:33 AM

The way to a woman's heart ...

Forget the flowers & chocolates, that's naff, that's groveling, take her to Harvey Nics, let her choose something nice to wear.

Make her laugh, make her cry, show strength, security and creativity, whilst encouraging the same from her. Surprise her with lunch at the most unusual eatery once in a while, make her feel good with a takeaway on the beach, on the museum steps, off the wall.

Care for her when she's down. Let he reward you. You're in this together.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top