Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Re: Man or Monster

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I would say this is a monster who used women and children as his prey.

Thank the lord those two girls managed to get away and raise the alarm, goodness knows how many more innocent victims he would have gone on to rape and molest. He will sure have left his mark on those poor victims. My heart goes out to them, they must have been so terrified and no doubt traumatised for rest of their lives. What a horrible ordeal for them. Doesn't bear thinking about it does it.

We really don't need demons like this, just hang the b*tard

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50684470

I think everyone (except the hand wringers) would agree that there is one root cause of this sort of thing: our broken penal system.

The courts like to hand out lenient sentences.
The probation authorities like to let criminals out of custody for any possible excuse.
Freed criminals can continue their criminal activities unabated due to our police shortage.

Everything seems slewed against the victim and in favour of the criminal. It's just how this country operates today.

Politicians promise to put this right but, of course, once they are in government nothing is done. They all lie.

I'm sorry to say that I cannot see a solution on the horizon. The only thing that we, the ordinary people, can do is to take the law into our own hands. Perhaps that will happen the way things are going.

I remember watching a film (I can't remember the title) in which an old, rather infirm, ex-soldier was angry at his friend being killed by a gang of criminal yobs. The police and authorities were, of course, useless and did nothing, so he took action by buying an illegal handgun. He went out and sorted the problem himself. He was clever enough to ensure he was not identified and arrested.
A 'feel good' film.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Unbelievable mistakes by the system they let him out as if he was a model prisoner.....its a broken system .... of course they will blame it on lack of resources they blame everything on that.

He should have been made to face his victims and their families too at the trial. Notice he didnt attack anyone who might be a threat just young and older females and children..... what an imbecile and a coward!
Of course prisoners can be ‘model’ in jail there are no little girls just tough fellow prisoners.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think everyone (except the hand wringers) would agree that there is one root cause of this sort of thing: our broken penal system.

The courts like to hand out lenient sentences.
The probation authorities like to let criminals out of custody for any possible excuse.
Freed criminals can continue their criminal activities unabated due to our police shortage.

Everything seems slewed against the victim and in favour of the criminal. It's just how this country operates today.

Politicians promise to put this right but, of course, once they are in government nothing is done. They all lie.

I'm sorry to say that I cannot see a solution on the horizon. The only thing that we, the ordinary people, can do is to take the law into our own hands. Perhaps that will happen the way things are going.

I remember watching a film (I can't remember the title) in which an old, rather infirm, ex-soldier was angry at his friend being killed by a gang of criminal yobs. The police and authorities were, of course, useless and did nothing, so he took action by buying an illegal handgun. He went out and sorted the problem himself. He was clever enough to ensure he was not identified and arrested.
A 'feel good' film.
Harry Brown starring Michael Caine.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Harry Brown starring Michael Caine.
Yes, that's the one.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 05:57 PM

One word , Bastard !!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In times past people like this would have been banged up in lunatic asylums. Replacing them with psychiatric hospitals was an awful mistake.
Yes, or they should all be put to Sea on an Island without any luxuries and they can the abuse each other.
Instead of living an easy life in jail with all modern facilities.

That is no punishment and it encourages them to plan further atrocities towards innocent children.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
And then hang him
Better still - hang him by his testicles with a piece of rusty cheese wire. He would never re-offend!
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I would say this is a monster who used women and children as his prey.

Thank the lord those two girls managed to get away and raise the alarm, goodness knows how many more innocent victims he would have gone on to rape and molest. He will sure have left his mark on those poor victims. My heart goes out to them, they must have been so terrified and no doubt traumatised for rest of their lives. What a horrible ordeal for them. Doesn't bear thinking about it does it.

We really don't need demons like this, just hang the b*tard

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50684470
Do you want to bring back the death penalty or just lynch this one person?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-12-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Do you want to bring back the death penalty or just lynch this one person?
I can't speak for LQ, of course, but I'd like to bring back hanging for murder.

For particularly evil murder, though, I'd prefer garroting - done very slowly.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:39 PM

You just have to decide if you personally are a garrotter.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top