Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:29 PM

Re: Do You Ever Have A Nice Kipper For Breakfast?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aah... thanks Barry! I'll look out for those if and when I next go to a supermarket.
I'm sure they will deliver them along with your other goods if you ask them nicely..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm sure they will deliver them along with your other goods if you ask them nicely..
Hmm... just looked on Sainsbury's grocery list and the only boil in the bag ones were "Sainsbury's Kippers Boil In The Bag With Butter (Not Boneless) 220g"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hmm... just looked on Sainsbury's grocery list and the only boil in the bag ones were "Sainsbury's Kippers Boil In The Bag With Butter (Not Boneless) 220g"
I thought they were all boneless, at least all the ones I've tried have been, although I doubt they could really guarantee that with any fish...

ETA having said that though, we also get the John West kippers in tins and they really are boneless, and lovely on toast..
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 05:42 PM

Love fish - just not the skin. For breakfast I’ll do Hake fish fingers or a poached Haddock. I’ve never had Mackerel - I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on the shelves ( apparently we have Horse Mackerel) but we get lots of Norwegian Salmon. Costs an arm and a leg but it’s just delicious

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top