Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Re: Self-Scan

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I did self scan quite a big shop.( for me ) about £50 all went well I put in pay by debit card , scanned card , packed up the stuff and started to walk out the supermarket . I almost got to the door , staff member stopped me , she said madam your debit card didnt go through ......omg .....I had to return to the till with her and start the payment procedure again . I wasn't embarrassed as it was a genuine mistake .
That happens. Nothing to worry about. Occasionally your card is declined as a security measure and you need to insert your card along with your PIN.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:26 AM

I'll stick to home delivery for now - easier - but it is making me lazy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I'll stick to home delivery for now - easier - but it is making me lazy!
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with home delivery Tabby, it's the way the world is going these days and nobody is going to look a gift horse in the mouth especially since Covid.
But the results are plain to see with the closure and job losses in the retail industry, the high streets are filled with Barber Shops, Charity shops, and pound shops. I personally don't go into Doncaster shopping anymore, I much prefer the big out of town shopping malls and retail parks, but with the loss of shops like Debenhams, BHS and C&A even those big retail parks are going to be struggling. It's only a matter of time before John Lewis and M&S disappear. There will be no reason to leave your house in the future, we are almost there now....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:09 PM

I much prefer to do my own shopping but - it is a mile walk to Sainsbury's and the queues are too long at the moment. Not to mention the pavements are lethal and it would take a few trips to stock up. At the moment I am grateful for delivery of a months supply of necessaries in one go. My cheese comes direct from Wensleydale Creamery so all I have to venture out for is meat/poultry/fish.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's a bogus argument Meg, when most people on here prefer to use the delivery service that supermarkets provide so tills are not used at all, it all comes from a warehouse. Furthermore, everyone who buys things on the internet (Amazon etc) are responsible the closure of many famous high street stores....How many jobs lost now? Not to mention saving a few quid and buying Chinese and other foreign products instead of buying British?
I think the 'Self Scan' job worries pale into insignificance considering the above...
Hi Bob I know my groceries are hand picked in my local Waitrose I know one of the 'trolly pickers' called Vicky.

See below...
Have you ever thought about who picks your online grocery shopping? It all depends on which supermarket you shop with and where you live. Often, it’s picked by a member of supermarket staff in a normal store while members of the public do their own shopping – you might have seen them wheeling crates around the aisles.

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/11...cery-shopping/ - Which?
I don't 'prefer to use the delivery service supermarkets provide' , I hate it preferring to select my own limited number of goods from supermarkets, the bulk of my diet comes from local farm shops who grow their own produce.
Sadly during the pandemic I have had little choice but to have a delivery if I want to eat. Health issues and age make me vulnerable to infection.

I do buy goods online but that doesn't mean I don't buy local when I can.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bob I know my groceries are hand picked in my local Waitrose I know one of the 'trolly pickers' called Vicky.

See below...

I don't 'prefer to use the delivery service supermarkets provide' , I hate it preferring to select my own limited number of goods from supermarkets, the bulk of my diet comes from local farm shops who grow their own produce.
Sadly during the pandemic I have had little choice but to have a delivery if I want to eat. Health issues and age make me vulnerable to infection.

I do buy goods online but that doesn't mean I don't buy local when I can.
Thanks Meg, I wasn't getting at you personally, and I understand that in the present climate (Weather and Covid) having your groceries delivered is the perfect solution. Safety is paramount these days, but I do feel sorry for all the staff at Debenhams for example who have found themselves without a job. It's just the times we are living in and I don't have a solution, but the way things are going with online shopping and working from home there will be no need to leave your home in the future, which I think will be a very sad state of affairs for the human race. All the best Meg and stay safe....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Not Picky Vicky?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top