Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:47 AM

Re: What’s in your fridge?

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Butter, tomatoes, dark chocolate kit-kat, milk, baileys, bacon, pork chops, bread, yogurt, eye drops, ready meal curry, orange juice, apple juice,
jars of capers, green olives, mayonnaise.

I could do with a baileys, Kazz, it’s been a long day!...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Beer, and some funny shaped stuff of various colours I'm told are called fruit and veggy-tables.
I put my beer in there in Winter to stop it freezing.

We have an old fridge freezer in the garage, so groceries are quarantined out there for at least three days and then brought inside to the main larder fridge and separate freezer.

Inside the inside fridge we have BoB milk, (Best of both, not Battle of Britain), 0% fat Greek style yoghurt, thickening things for the use of, cheeses, fruit juice, ham, fish, raw chicken being defrosted for me to make chicken cordon-bleu tomorrow, yoghurt drinks, leftover veggies from Sunday to go with the meat pies we will be having for lunch today, chickles and putneys, ketchup, brown fruity sauce (of course), mayo, nut milk for cooking (well I wouldn't want to drink it), plus tins and cartons of anything that has to be chilled once opened.

Give me one of them meat pies. I insist!!...at once!...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:51 AM

Reading through these lists it surprises me how many people keep tomatoes and eggs in the refrigerator - would never occur to me to do that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2021, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Reading through these lists it surprises me how many people keep tomatoes and eggs in the refrigerator - would never occur to me to do that.

ST, I would never keep toms in the fridge.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:58 AM

I did go through a phase of keeping various veg on the kitchen worktop in pots. Tomatoes do taste better as they ripen on a worktop, but it also attracts those tiny little fruit flies that drive you crazy and seem to multiply overnight.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
ST, I would never keep toms in the fridge.
They last for weeks in the fridge Pauline. As do many things. I have even been known to keep spuds in the fridge. The fridge is an amazing invention.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 04:43 AM

Keeping eggs in the fridge extends their life and reduces the chance of salmonella.

https://www.australianeggs.org.au/fa...handling-eggs/

Personally I never put tomatoes in the fridge until or unless they are fully or over ripe, refrigeration stops ripening but it can change their their taste too. Fortunately my tomatoes rarely get over ripe before being eaten.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:29 AM

I have various jars of jam/marmalade also jars of pickles I know you don't have to store pickles in the fridge but I do. Fresh ground coffee in a tin...cranberry juice orange juice tonic milk eggs cheese bacon. Various veggies blueberries raspberries butter yoghurt Pate and sliced ham wine sparkling water. Tupperware container of left over chilli.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Give me one of them meat pies. I insist!!...at once!...
You are too late. Mwahahahaha.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They last for weeks in the fridge Pauline. As do many things. I have even been known to keep spuds in the fridge. The fridge is an amazing invention.
There are reasons why toms should not be kept in the fridge,Annie,which I have found to be very true.

I’m surprised you didn’t know that.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top