Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:58 AM

Re: One good thing about face masks -

I like how it keeps my face warm
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:01 AM

I don't go out to places that need a face mask very often but don't mind them .
I quite like being hidden and am thinking of getting one of those hats with a veil when all this is over
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:03 AM

Another good reason to wear a mask is avoiding catching colds or the flu.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:08 AM

I remember when our Julia was alive she was paranoid about germs and always said supermarkets were a haven for cold and flu germs. I remember her saying one time to me, next time I go to the supermarket I'm gonna put on one of them masks that Michael Jackson wears, I said, well you aren't with me if you do!...........Look at us now............she was right and there was a method in her madness bless her.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes - they do Summer, or did before C19. Going into town on the bus was a nightmare listening to the chomp, chomp, slurp, slurp - and they talk with their mouths full of gum! Not just the young ones either.

I certainly would never engage in conversation with anyone while they were chewing gum.
Yet l hardly see the white flattened chuddy on the pavements anymore.
Thinking about it, l haven’t seen anyone spit for a long time! Well that might be difficult with a mask! They’d get a blowback!

I am not that keen on face masks because when l put my glasses on to read something on the label they get all steamed up.
They are good, if you are one to like chatting to yourself!

Oh, and they save on using lipstick!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One good thing about face masks –
Taking them off! They often impede my breathing, just not enough oxygen is being taken in which results in angina chest pains. Sometimes this happens in the store but there really is no choice in discarding the mask. Then I get the disapproving looks. No wonder I absolutely hate shopping!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I remember when our Julia was alive she was paranoid about germs and always said supermarkets were a haven for cold and flu germs. I remember her saying one time to me, next time I go to the supermarket I'm gonna put on one of them masks that Michael Jackson wears, I said, well you aren't with me if you do!...........Look at us now............she was right and there was a method in her madness bless her.
LQ, Your sister was right about the germs in supermarkets. I have always said, they are the worst places for picking up bugs... and phones in offices.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Taking them off! They often impede my breathing, just not enough oxygen is being taken in which results in angina chest pains. Sometimes this happens in the store so there's no choice in discarding the mask. No wonder I absolutely hate shopping!
I agree,Baz, I have a job breathing with them on also, must be worse with Angina and very scary ,one would imagine,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, Your sister was right about the germs in supermarkets. I have always said, they are the worst places for picking up bugs... and phones in offices.
Gyms, also are.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree,Baz, I have a job breathing with them on also, must be worse with Angina and very scary ,one would imagine,
Yes, it is very scary but the need for food is the same as the need to breathe, without either we cannot live! The angina also partly happens due to being stressed or cold weather.

BTW – I amended my post slightly since you answered it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top