Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:02 PM

Re: "UK best advert for Brexit"...(vaccines )

All this fuss about the AZ vaccine shortage in the EU and it hasn't even been approved for use in the EU by their regulators yet...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
All this fuss about the AZ vaccine shortage in the EU and it hasn't even been approved for use in the EU by their regulators yet...
Exactly and the irony is, Meg is that they cannot deliver it into the EU either until it is approved because its against their own rules.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:48 PM

Still a notable absence of Remainer trolls in media comment sections. Normally you can't shut them up - no matter WHAT the news item is about they ALWAYS bring the subject up as an insult related to people who voted Brexit. Guess they'll wind their pencil necks in henceforth.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:07 PM

I think the EU is panicking, some member states who were persuade to accept the bulk EU purchase of the vaccine rather than going it alone could get very vocal soon at the EUs inefficiency.
Maybe the UK's Brexit looks like a good decision now to some EU states in spite of the EU extracting a good pound of flesh.

From a foreign correspondent...
Fundamental claim from EU = it won't accept having a reduced order of vaccines while others (eg the UK) get the full amount. If there's a problem at an EU factory, it says AZ should use supplies from the UK production.
Who do these people think they are
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:23 PM

I think the EU is panicking, some member states who were persuade to accept the bulk EU purchase of the vaccine rather than going it alone could get very vocal soon at the EUs inefficiency.
Maybe the UK's Brexit looks like a good decision now to some EU states in spite of the EU extracting a good pound of flesh.

They are just making things worse for themselves.

The next time the EU suggests a joint effort the member states will know not to bother.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They are just making things worse for themselves.

The next time the EU suggests a joint effort the member states will know not to bother.
The EU Commission may not realise it, but I think they're unintentionally bringing about the crumbling and collapse of their long term project.
No more than they deserve.

I know I've said this before, but it would make me proud to know that we were central in ridding Europe of the EU, just as we were in ridding Europe of Nazi Germany.

In the long term I look forward to a new 'common market', but we must never again permit a political conquest of the continent and certainly never allow ourselves to be taken in as well.
Of course, we all know those responsible from among us: Heath, Cameron, May.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-01-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The EU Commission may not realise it, but I think they're unintentionally bringing about the crumbling and collapse of their long term project.
No more than they deserve.

I know I've said this before, but it would make me proud to know that we were central in ridding Europe of the EU, just as we were in ridding Europe of Nazi Germany.

In the long term I look forward to a new 'common market', but we must never again permit a political conquest of the continent and certainly never allow ourselves to be taken in as well.
Of course, we all know those responsible from among us: Heath, Cameron, May.

Those that have the Euro will be the last to go.

Eurovision will be interesting this year ...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Those that have the Euro will be the last to go.

Eurovision will be interesting this year ...

Can't watch it; it's on the BBC!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My flabber was absolutely gasted this morning when I saw on both Sky News and BBC News channels that the EU was demanding that AstraZenica publish the contracts it had with customers for its Covid vaccine - just because last night the CEO mentioned a couple of the paragraphs in an interview with journo.

From what I can gather, the CEO said that the contract with the EU mentions "no fixed deliverables" so, if my understanding is correct, most judges would throw this straight out of court especially as AstraZenica is an Anglo-Swedish company.

This is just another example of the EU's total incompetence.

Or another example of the EU trying to control us.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Or another example of the EU trying to control us.

They're threatening astra zenica by punishing Pfizer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top