Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:05 PM

Food poisoning

Have you ever had food poisoning?

I ordered takeout on Monday and I’m reeling from food poisoning. Still very weak.

What’s been your experience?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:17 PM

Re: Food poisoning

Ouch - not nice - I hope you have reported the 'take away' place to the authorities - it obviously needs investigating!

Once, a long time ago, I had Campylobacter following a meal at a Chinese restaurant - was ill for a week. Turned out they were defrosting chicken by running it under the hot water tap! Not a good idea.

I do hope you feel better soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:22 PM

Hello Minx sorry to hear you have food poisoning, hope you will be better soon . Try some fresh Ginger grated into warm water and strained its great for poorly tummies.

I won't touch takaway food except fish and chips cooked in hot fat in my sight and I haven't had those for years.

The last time I remember having food poisoning was January 1977 on the day I married. We took our witnesses out for a meal, I had prawns and was terribly ill that night .
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear that Minx.

What was in your takeaway? A lot of food poisoning is caused by rice. If it’s cooked and then not stored properly and reheated it can grow spores and make you very ill.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:16 PM

I am very reluctant to order take away TBH ,don"t quite know what goes on behind the scenes, specially in these troubled times .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Probably had food poisoning three times. At a guess. I remember one was after eating an M&S scotch egg. 1970s or 80s. Another time I was away in Bournemouth and wanted to try the Chinese buffet, on my last evening, rather than dining in the hotel. I got home the next day just in time!!!

And a few years ago I had the gastroenteritis that had me eventually admitted to hospital. I was ill at home for over 2 weeks before my GP would do something. Whether that was food poisoning I am not sure, but when the hospital put me on antibiotics, and I’d pleaded with my GP all that time for some, to no avail, I began to feel better.

It’s a horrible experience, having food poisoning. The stomach pains, for one.

Hope you feel better soon, Minx.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

I ordered takeout on Monday and I’m reeling from food poisoning. Still very weak.

Sorry to hear that Minx, I hope you feel better soon.

I have never suffered with food poisoning, thank goodness but I've heard it can be nasty
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

The last time I remember having food poisoning was January 1977 on the day I married. We took our witnesses out for a meal, I had prawns and was terribly ill that night .
Oooooer.... I bet you was up and down all night Megs.

Just could not resist that one.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Sorry to read about the food poisoning Minx get well soooooooon.

I have only started digesting my food after 2 weeks of it coming back on me.
Will not go into the gory details.
Doc says it may well be something to do with my diabetes.
Gave nearly a armful of blood yesterday morning for various test's.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ouch - not nice - I hope you have reported the 'take away' place to the authorities - it obviously needs investigating!

Once, a long time ago, I had Campylobacter following a meal at a Chinese restaurant - was ill for a week. Turned out they were defrosting chicken by running it under the hot water tap! Not a good idea.

I do hope you feel better soon.
Hi ST, I will look into reporting it. My goodness! Defrosting food under hot water! That’s insane.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top