Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 03:34 PM

Re: Absolute Incompetence

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I regret to say we have been labelled Tier 3

It appears if some people are given a bit of freedom they take a mile and those who obey the rules have to suffer for it.

It couldn't happen at a worse time as I have had another Health Centre appointment in the post this morning
I agree.
Hope you get to go to the appointment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I agree.
Hope you get to go to the appointment.
Managed to get an appointment for the 8th Dec ..... by all accounts I have to be wrapped in cling film to have my BP and before the blood is taken - I have visions of looking like a Mummy!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 04:12 PM

Managed to get an appointment for the 8th Dec ..... by all accounts I have to be wrapped in cling film to have my BP and before the blood is taken - I have visions of looking like a Mummy!
Could be worse - could have been ally foil instead of cling film!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 04:13 PM

Hope you aren't too wrapped, all the best to you.
They'll have to leave an arm unwrapped anyway.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Could be worse - could have been ally foil instead of cling film!
That would keep me warm!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 05:01 PM

I wonder if we will get the lock down treatment every time we get the winter flu epidemic.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wonder if we will get the lock down treatment every time we get the winter flu epidemic.
Absolutely no similarity between this awful disease and common 'flu.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm hoping for Tier 3 on Christmas Day so the rellies can't come round.
We're in Tier 3 but I'm afraid that's not going to stop the mother-in-law coming round. She lives in Bradford, which is also in Tier 3, but apparently she and Marge are in some sort of 'bubble'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Exactly Tiffany.

The problem we have is the idiots congregating outside school for a natter, smoking with no social distancing at all.

Himself next door is still dealing drugs, the Police are useless.

All the other neighbours are nice responsible people observing all the rules.
This is exactly the problem. Covidiots.

The government (and the police) are afraid to deal with the real culprits, and we all know who they are. The easy way out, to avoid singling out those people, is to restrict us all according to the county or local authority in which we live and this means punishing perfectly respectable and responsible people to the same extent as the irresponsible ones.

Once again, in common with similar problems relating to crime, the lack of any really meaningful consequences and punishments results in nothing other than encouragement for the perpetrators to continue to conduct their behaviour in complete freedom.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-11-2020, 07:45 PM

My GP practice keeps asking me if I'd like a flu jab. Marge is also nagging me to go and have one. I've never had a flu jab before and I don't really want one now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top