Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 07:36 PM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The civil service will hate that.

The people at the top will not want to relocate. What a great way to thin out the mandarins and replace them with common sense and a work ethic that will actually get things done.

The government should call it "Project Fck 'Em"
I think that's just one more reason it is going ahead.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The civil service will hate that.

The people at the top will not want to relocate. What a great way to thin out the mandarins and replace them with common sense and a work ethic that will actually get things done.

The government should call it "Project Fck 'Em"
Trouble is that the CS will back the expensive HS train, grab their free travel tickets, on it, and commute daily.

(or book in at expensive Hotels for the week)

Of course, that would mean that they would only be able to work for a couple of hours a day, but maybe that would be more hours than now?

The real solutioon would be to move the whole of Parliament, up North, once a year!

Wherever did I get that idea from?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:17 PM

A cheer for Boris?

Another U-turn!

I just read in the Telegraph that he has now refused to decriminalise the BBC Tax. There are dozens of letters following the article, all claiming never to vote for the Tories again (and no doubt dozens more which I didn't get round to reading). Many of those mentioned the Reform UK party, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get many more votes in 2024 than UKIP ever got. We shall see.

I am feeling exactly the same. Boris promises something, then backs down.
Leaving the EU with no deal, then capitulating and giving away our fishing areas and Northern Ireland.
And now, ensuring that non-payment of the BBC Tax remains a criminal offence.

Apparently, more and more old people are now refusing to pay the BBC Tax and risking their arrest and imprisonment. I'd like to see that. There would be a national outcry if pensioners were sent to jail wholesale.

No, I have now resolved that in 2024 I shall definitely vote for the Reform UK party.
Not just Brexit and the BBC Tax. There are several other things which really need reforming in this country: the House of Lords and encouraging illegal immigrants, for example.

I'm convinced that changes to this country will certainly take place eventually. Ordinary British people have been trodden on for far too long now.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A cheer for Boris?

Another U-turn!

I just read in the Telegraph that he has now refused to decriminalise the BBC Tax. There are dozens of letters following the article, all claiming never to vote for the Tories again (and no doubt dozens more which I didn't get round to reading). Many of those mentioned the Reform UK party, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get many more votes in 2024 than UKIP ever got. We shall see.

I am feeling exactly the same. Boris promises something, then backs down.
Leaving the EU with no deal, then capitulating and giving away our fishing areas and Northern Ireland.
And now, ensuring that non-payment of the BBC Tax remains a criminal offence.

Apparently, more and more old people are now refusing to pay the BBC Tax and risking their arrest and imprisonment. I'd like to see that. There would be a national outcry if pensioners were sent to jail wholesale.

No, I have now resolved that in 2024 I shall definitely vote for the Reform UK party.
Not just Brexit and the BBC Tax. There are several other things which really need reforming in this country: the House of Lords and encouraging illegal immigrants, for example.

I'm convinced that changes to this country will certainly take place eventually. Ordinary British people have been trodden on for far too long now.
Please don't get them in a twist and believe the media because it's not really a U-turn (nothing was ever officially decided).

I said a while ago about TV Licensing.
It was discovered that decriminalising would in fact affect the poorest more than it does now, by allowing the possibility that private bailiffs could then have a greater role in collecting monies from the most vulnerable in society.

You're in effect saying that you would rather see the public even more downtrodden by wanting decriminalisation.

Me: I'd rather see a government consider the options and make the right choice.
If that takes a while longer, it's better for us ordinary folk than the consequences.

https://www.cityam.com/non-payment-o...ed-with-fines/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ions-s2jlr8bkp

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top