Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:07 PM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought the only change was Frost replacing Robbins. I'm sure it was also swayed by Covid.
You've answered your own question Annie !
Boris chose people for his cabinet that believed in Brexit and the
key was choosing Frosty as negotiator ?
Whereas terrible Theresa deliberately chose Brexit haters or tried
to do it all herself !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I saw a tweet that this was just May's deal dressed up a little. Is that true? If not what's the key difference?
According to commentators here Boris's deal was forecast to dent UK growth by 6.7 per cent (May's would cost only 2.1%), and for all the pugnacious talk of defending the UK's sovereignty, it abandoned Northern Ireland to EU customs rules and European fleets can continue to plunder British waters for another five years.

JP Morgan's analysis was that the EU retained "nearly all of the advantages it derives from its trading relationship with the UK" but was now able "to use regulatory structures to cherry pick among the sectors where the UK had previously enjoyed advantages".

Personally I think it is sad that the feeling in this forum is that Boris is the best of a bad lot. If he is the best then I dread to think what the rest were like. This Eton/Oxbridge mob that the UK constantly votes in to rule them have absolutely no idea of what affects the ordinary person despite all their rhetoric. As I have said before - lions ruled by asses.

According to a recent poll 71% on this forum wanted a "No Deal" Brexit yet here those same voters are leading the cheer squad for the Boris deal. Strange world
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
According to commentators here Boris's deal was forecast to dent UK growth by 6.7 per cent (May's would cost only 2.1%), and for all the pugnacious talk of defending the UK's sovereignty, it abandoned Northern Ireland to EU customs rules and European fleets can continue to plunder British waters for another five years.

JP Morgan's analysis was that the EU retained "nearly all of the advantages it derives from its trading relationship with the UK" but was now able "to use regulatory structures to cherry pick among the sectors where the UK had previously enjoyed advantages".

Personally I think it is sad that the feeling in this forum is that Boris is the best of a bad lot. If he is the best then I dread to think what the rest were like. This Eton/Oxbridge mob that the UK constantly votes in to rule them have absolutely no idea of what affects the ordinary person despite all their rhetoric. As I have said before - lions ruled by asses.

According to a recent poll 71% on this forum wanted a "No Deal" Brexit yet here those same voters are leading the cheer squad for the Boris deal. Strange world

The ordinary people voted leave
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the explanation Bruce. Your above point also surprised me. I guess Boris walks on water...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You've answered your own question Annie !
Boris chose people for his cabinet that believed in Brexit and the
key was choosing Frosty as negotiator ?
Whereas terrible Theresa deliberately chose Brexit haters or tried
to do it all herself !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I guess I was confused about the David Davis references. He was only around for a year. I thought he was a leave supporter.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The ordinary people voted leave
Yes, and in four days you do. What's your point?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You surely can't believe he's telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I can't believe you'd be so naive!

BORIS IS A LIAR!

If he came out of negotiations with the worst deal possible - would he say so? Absolutely NOT! There may be good bits in amongst the rubbish, and he'd be the first to point those out, emphasising them to such an extent they'd sound like the major points of his arduous negotiations! Wait for it though...............the whole truth may take some time to uncover, but it will gradually be found to be full of holes........

Sorry and all that, but best to be honest ........... and Boris isn't!
I tend to agree with you that man is mendacious.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 08:34 AM

Yes, and in four days you do. What's your point?
The Ordinary People got what they wanted?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 08:36 AM

It seems to me the need to exit at the start of this process was the clouded by a deal or something or other.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-12-2020, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Ordinary People got what they wanted?
That was the point? If it is then surely it is an excellent illustration of the Eton/Oxbridge cabal that rules Britain being totally out of touch with the ordinary British person and their life.

David Cameron (ex Eton and Oxford) proposed the referendum but was so certain that it would fail made absolutely no plans for a "leave" result and even his chum Boris Johnson was reported as not believing the leave vote would succeed.

The referendum campaign was a farrago of ridiculous claims, lies and half truths most of which have been quietly forgotten and abandoned.

After a farcical four years of government by headless chook the country is on the cusp of leaving with a last minute deal that seems to have failed to fulfill any of the promises especially "taking back control".

And now "A Cheer For Boris!"... Really?

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top