Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:52 AM

Re: OK ! We are out!!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I confess that I haven't read any of these links, but taking them as read, I had thought that we still nominally had jurisdiction of our own waters, but that Boris (in his wisdom) had handed some rights to the EU.

Typical dictatorial Frog! They just can't give and take, they want it all. In Boris's shoes, I'd tell him to get stuffed and take his tariff-free Brie and tinny cars and shove them where the squirrel stuffs his nuts.

That's one thing which I was sure I had seen before. In fact, I think I once posted a chart showing it. So much for our regaining our waters after 5 1/2 years.
Another sell-out by Boris.

I completely agree with all of this, but I'd go further and suggest that we pull out of this one-sided agreement completely right now before we lose even more than we've lost already.

This is not Brexit as I would describe it. In fact it is not much better than remaining in the EU.

We have been conned.
Bullocks!

Apologies if that offends but it's an honest and fitting response to a diatribe which is so erroneous as to be offensive itself.

The sheer lack of comprehension and common sense in there is little short of incredible.
You can go round and round if you want to, ignorant of the pertinent facts which - as I have pointed out to you before - even the extremist ERG group including Reese-Mogg cannot find fault with.
All you're doing is putting your ignorance on display.

Such extremist views as being spouted in there are not only illogical but they are not based upon fact.
Why make things up to suit your bias?
Example: "I had thought that we still nominally had jurisdiction of our own waters" - and tell us then; what else was FPV Jura doing if not protecting UK waters?
And BTW Rockall is British (do I really need to educate?) but (quelle surprise) the Irish dispute that - although interestingly they have never layed claim to the outcrop themselves.

We've been through the fishing malarkey too, you and I.
Why do you refuse to accept that EU boats can fish in UK waters with restrictions imposed by the UK because they are UK waters?
Don't you realise still that this has gone on since the beginning of time?
And don't you realise that this is part of a much larger deal achieved with the EU which is leading to the UK basically having the best of both worlds; tariff-free trade with the EU plus the freedom to trade where and with whom we want to which we could not have as a member of the EU?

Don't talk about Clement Beaune as if he were any sort of an authority because he is not; he's a French politician of the same timbre as Verhofstadt, Tusk and Junckers.
In other words a deluded EUrophile second-rate politician with some extremist views.
Relying upon what Beaunes says is akin to relying on what Diane Abbot says; foolhardy at best.

Now, put your illogical and incorrectly-based fears and suppositions to one side and stick to what in fact the UK has lost or been sold-out in.
So far you have nothing which can be supported by any of the better-known fervent Brexiters or even by the biased media - and these would love to prove Brexit wrong, as we all know.
So you're pretty much alone with your misguided fears.
That is because so far none - or at least very little - of what you rant about is fact, but instead is your own misinterpretation.

Please try reading the deal and understanding the contents before you make more false assumptions based upon incorrect or flawed interpretaions; I will again provide a link below for you to do so.
Arguing against something you have not read and so do not fully understand is not going to benefit you.

If you won't do that, what will you pay heed to?
The ERG?
Or how about John Redwood?
Here are his thoughts:
https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2020/1...-uk-agreement/

https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2020/12/30/sovereignty-2/

https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2020/1...tionship-bill/

https://assets.publishing.service.go...24.12.2020.pdf
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:03 PM

A touch over the top, Zaph?

Calm Down!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Thanks for that Bread, so WHO issued the temporary licences ??
In due course s a very loose term ??
And no mention of who to apply to in due course, on not scrapping
with ,you, but would like to know?
About the Rockall incident, it seems to be very involved because it
seems that a Scottish boat intercepted an Irish boat in Rockall
waters where UK has jurisdiction and warned them that they can't
fish there ??? This is nonsense!! Even the people doing the fishing
don't know who is what!!
Time for us to get a grip l think?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

The UK Government issued the licenses on a temporary basis, then the EU and UK fleet will have to apply for proper ones in the near future.

We should ban the supertrawlers as soon as they apply for licenses
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Calm Down!
He said he was out of it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The UK Government issued the licenses on a temporary basis, then the EU and UK fleet will have to apply for proper ones in the near future.

We should ban the supertrawlers as soon as they apply for licenses
I fully agree.
But the supertankers are already fishing in our waters, presumably without applying for licences.

This is just one thing that Boris should clamp down on now, not later, although I suppose he has his hands full. On the other hand, he has a collection of ministers who he should be able to rely on to sort such things out.

If, as I have read in the past, some of his cabinet are remoaners or even rejoiners, he should make some changes to the membership.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Calm Down!
Noted BUT is there anything I have said which is untrue or misleading, unlike the post I was responding to?

There's a limit to my patience after my describing facts in detail so many times and then seeing them ignored.
Repeatedly.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

12-01-2021, 12:55 PM

He said he was out of it!
Wrong thread fella, for once please get your facts straight.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:03 PM

I fully agree.
But the supertankers are already fishing in our waters, presumably without applying for licences.

This is just one thing that Boris should clamp down on now, not later, although I suppose he has his hands full. On the other hand, he has a collection of ministers who he should be able to rely on to sort such things out.

If, as I have read in the past, some of his cabinet are remoaners or even rejoiners, he should make some changes to the membership.
Hi

The super trawlers are catching fish we do not eat.

They are not an issue if correctly controlled.

Use the American System.

Every time they are fishing they have Inspectors on board who they pay for and who can shut them down.

This is not Rocket Science.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

12-01-2021, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Use the American System.

Every time they are fishing they have Inspectors on board who they pay for and who can shut them down.

Oh dear.
This is twice I have agreed with your posts, but you are absolutely correct and IIRC this is something that government are considering.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Use the American System.

They catch everything which swims in the area which they are working.

The fish not wanted get chucked back in, dead or alive.

There is a good film, showing how this works, on Utube.

Some have their trawl dragging along the sea bed and ripping off any shellfish which happen to be there.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top