Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:06 AM

Strangest things.

Hi

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you?

I have been declared dead 3 times and survived.

Then came episode number 4.

||Christmas Eve just gone.

All set down for an operation, cancelled and then the Professor.

Dead straight, we need to do this, you have a minimal chance of surviing the Op but better than zero Chance if we do not.

Can't argue with that.

It worked.

I am so happy it did.

You will screw up my figures if you do not survive this.

I will, if I do not I will come back to haunt you.

I did and we where both very happy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:31 AM

Re: Strangest things.

I will never forget the time,I had an emergency section, when I was put out, I remember like, going down a tunnel, where there were ,hard to explain, people deciding if it was my time, they were all saying it’s not time, even though I had no faith then, I told my story to family members ,and believed God saved me,....after that section,I was told I had haemorrhage badly and advised never to have any more children, that was 34 yrs ago, still vivid in my memory ,as though it happened yesterday, The tunnel that is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you?

Meeting a ghost.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Bumping to a man in a doorway then marrying him
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Meeting a ghost.
That sounds interesting, can you explain further,ST?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-01-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bumping to a man in a doorway then marrying him
Was it Love at first sight, like a chemistry,Meg? when you met in that doorway, like an instant connection?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Was it Love at first sight, like a chemistry,Meg? when you met in that doorway, like an instant connection?
No Pauline just the reverse...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-01-2021, 01:08 PM

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:45 PM

Getting on the wrong 'plane.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:46 PM

Meg I don't think your grandchildren ever met their grandfather. Have you ever thought of writing about things you did together and the good and bad times you had?
My mum's father was very ill after WW1, so died long before I was born, and I feel that I know very little about him.
I just think that when they are a bit older they may want to know more about the grandpa they never met & you may have photos and stories of him that you are happy to share.

It is just a thought , as I know my grandpa is almost a stranger to me, and you may enjoy sharing some memories with them.... especially when you could do it during lockdown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top