Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Heard the latest?

Have you heard the latest about Covid and our pets?

I feel so angry about this.
Scientists are saying they are thinking of working on a vaccine for domestic dogs and cats against Covid!

They knew ages ago that dogs cannot contract this virus. They admitted it just cannot live in their bodies.

That to me, is the same as saying - "Kennel Cough is around this year, so we'd best vaccinate all the owners."

The few cases where it was found on their coats ONLY, were found to be from where humans had stroked them, and the advice has since been, do not let strangers stroke your animlas when out.

To my mind, this vaccine is purely a money-spinner, probably to try and recoup loss.

I have spoken to other dog/cat owners, and not one of them said they would go along with it.
In fact, my groomer friend put it rather well, when she said today . . . . "Well they can p*** off then, because I'm not having mine done.

Would you have your animals done, even without proof it was necessary?

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...test-cats-dogs
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:28 PM

Re: Heard the latest?

Definitely not, Mups. He who lays hands on my cats without good reason is in big trouble!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 03:07 PM

Mups that's the odd opinion of one scientist printed by a newspaper that has little credibility with me. It looks for a germ of something and writes a story about it in the hope it might create a sensation
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 04:29 PM

If Covid can cross between animal and human - which we know it can (massive numbers of mink being slaughted) - I see no reason why it can't cross to cats and dogs. In fact, some months ago there was an article about the risks of cats and suggesting they all be put down!! Sorry, not want you want to hear............. but vaccination is surely preferable to being put down!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If Covid can cross between animal and human - which we know it can (massive numbers of mink being slaughted) - I see no reason why it can't cross to cats and dogs. In fact, some months ago there was an article about the risks of cats and suggesting they all be put down!! Sorry, not want you want to hear............. but vaccination is surely preferable to being put down!
What? Put down healthy animals "just in case" ? I'd like to see anyone try that with mine - they'd have to put me down first!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What? Put down healthy animals "just in case" ? I'd like to see anyone try that with mine - they'd have to put me down first!
Which is probably why they shut up quick, before being lynched!!
BUT - I'm sure it IS possible!
Sorry!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups that's the odd opinion of one scientist printed by a newspaper that has little credibility with me. It looks for a germ of something and writes a story about it in the hope it might create a sensation

I hope you're right Meg, but it's not just one old newspaper according to this.

" Coronavirus can infect a wide range of species including cats, dogs, mink and other domesticated species, experts from the University of East Anglia (UEA), Norwich-based research facility the Earlham Institute and the University of Minnesota have said."

Time will tell
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 05:53 PM

Well Coco says you can stick the virus, up you know where, no way am I having that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 06:10 PM

As I understand it dogs can carry the virus so, to that extent, humans could be afflicted by the dog without the dog being adversely affected.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
As I understand it dogs can carry the virus so, to that extent, humans could be afflicted by the dog without the dog being adversely affected.

As I said earlier, they have discovered dogs can have it on their coats but they don't absorb the illness. The bacteria has been put their by someone stroking the poor dog, much like it is found on a door handle, or light switch.
No doubt the scientists have been deliberately trying to infect domestic pets in laboratories to experiment, but as far as I know, all they have learned is that dogs cannot contract it.

I firmly believe the answer is much simpler than spending billions on a useless vaccine, just don't let strangers stroke your dog when you're out!

I know little about cats, but those that shut their cats out all night, or even all day, probably don't have much idea where they are half the time, so it would be more difficult to stop strangers stroking them.

Even so, why a vaccination to stop them getting the virus,,if they can't get it in the first place?

Will they then start on budgies, or pet rabbits, or kids ponies?

I still reckon its nothing more than a money spinner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top