Join for free
Page 9 of 35 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Re: tom daley and husband

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You haven't waffled at all Mups, isn't this what discussion is all about, I love to read people's opinions on the forum, it's one of the main reasons I come on here. Sometimes I even change my own opinion after reading a post, I tend not to worry about things I have no control over, so the only thing I can change is my opinion.

I am never offended either, I welcome differing opinions, when someone is offended it seriously limits the direction that the discussion can take and it no longer becomes a proper discussion. I do observe the number one forum law, to attack the post and not the poster, I would never knowingly call anyone names (unless they wanted me to) or make personal suggestions against a poster.

Sorry, now I'm waffling.....Back to the topic in question.
If Tom and partners adoption isn't for show, then why have the press got hold of it. Same with their relationship. Why didn't they quietly get on with it and nobody would have been the wiser. There must be hundreds of gay people who adopt children that we never hear about. It just makes me think that celebrity's deliberately inform the media and say 'Look at me, I'm such a good person'...'And I'm Gay'.....'And Hello Magazine will pay me a fortune for my story'....Just get on with it Tom you're giving Gay people a bad name, especially on here...
I agree and not just gay 'celebs' either. They all announce their pregnancies, babies, marriages to the world, as if anyone really cares.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It seems to me that with all this trying to fit a square peg in a round hole (so to speak) it's the children that are getting overlooked. I couldn't care less what someone's sexuality is, that's up to them but the only ones likely to suffer are the children.

I can remember at school, certain people being bullied because they wore cheap trainers so I dread to think what it could be like if your parents are gay. I also read yesterday of the world's first man to breast feed???

It think we are so obsessed with destroying the traditional family that there could be repercussions in the future.
...Spot on Longdogs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You haven't waffled at all Mups, isn't this what discussion is all about, I love to read people's opinions on the forum, it's one of the main reasons I come on here. Sometimes I even change my own opinion after reading a post, I tend not to worry about things I have no control over, so the only thing I can change is my opinion.

I am never offended either, I welcome differing opinions, when someone is offended it seriously limits the direction that the discussion can take and it no longer becomes a proper discussion. I do observe the number one forum law, to attack the post and not the poster, I would never knowingly call anyone names (unless they wanted me to) or make personal suggestions against a poster.

Sorry, now I'm waffling.....Back to the topic in question.
If Tom and partners adoption isn't for show, then why have the press got hold of it. Same with their relationship. Why didn't they quietly get on with it and nobody would have been the wiser. There must be hundreds of gay people who adopt children that we never hear about. It just makes me think that celebrity's deliberately inform the media and say 'Look at me, I'm such a good person'...'And I'm Gay'.....'And Hello Magazine will pay me a fortune for my story'....Just get on with it Tom you're giving Gay people a bad name, especially on here...
It's a different world these days people want all the details from their celebrities much of his life is lived on line, it's more common than not to announce things this way. I'm fed up of seeing pregnancy pics either grainy interior shots or enormous bellies filling the screen. But others like it so I tolerate.

Off topic a little I was cleaning a loo last night and a picture was thrust in my face a 6 week scan, yes I really wanted to see that as I bent and scrubbed poop off the back of the seat !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Mups, re your post about gay men raising a girl and the problems when it comes to menstruation. That scenario is no different to me raising my son and having to explain the facts of life to him from the male perspective. He had no male influence whatsoever in his life, it was just him and me. I bought a suitable, humourous book which explained in detail everything from teenage spots to wet dreams etc.

So where is the difference between male instruction and female instruction? By the way, I was never informed about menstruation, birth control or anything, so was scared stiff the first time I bled. My gran handed me some money and told me to go to the chemist and ask for sanitary towels. The full extent of my education - apart from other school kids.

Two three things come to mind here CeeCee.

1) I brought my son without his Dad too, but my son still saw him a lot, and also had his Grandad's influence too, so I perhaps wasn't as alone as you.
However, although we now see the end product, we will never know if our boys might have turned out differently if their father had been present full time.

2) You say you found a book to explain things to your son, and I agree that is one way round it, BUT if they need to discuss anything they can't do that with a book can they.
It is not the same as a girl to girl talk about her body IMO.

3) Please don't be offended, and I appreciate you offering your point of view, but I still feel the same as when I wrote my post.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Regarding men being 'induced' to breasfeed, I'm afraid I can't get my head round that at all. It is so against nature and very wrong - almost macabre - to me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Two three things come to mind here CeeCee.

1) I brought my son without his Dad too, but my son still saw him a lot, and also had his Grandad's influence too, so I perhaps wasn't as alone as you.
However, although we now see the end product, we will never know if our boys might have turned out differently if their father had been present full time.

2) You say you found a book to explain things to your son, and I agree that is one way round it, BUT if they need to discuss anything they can't do that with a book can they.
It is not the same as a girl to girl talk about her body IMO.

3) Please don't be offended, and I appreciate you offering your point of view, but I still feel the same as when I wrote my post.
Mups we aren't a traditional family as the kids have been borrowed, we had two young boys needed information about being black, both of us white as white. Trying to be responsible we sought black faces to help them. I can't quantify if it had an amazing difference but they've grown up to be pretty happy confident people.

I don't see any reason a single sex family can't do that one of the black men had most influence over mind was a teacher, he really took time with them because we went to him and asked for his help. It's easy to find people if you are willing to put the child first.

Tom and his husband have lots of female influences, his mum is deeply in his life. I'm sure they will be fine parents and the child will be in good hands.

Too many kids really in awful homes to critisise any one deciding to have well wanted and loved children these days imo
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-02-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Regarding men being 'induced' to breasfeed, I'm afraid I can't get my head round that at all. It is so against nature and very wrong - almost macabre - to me.
I don't really see that as any different to a woman doing it, I've seen women with breast problems have to have similar treatment to breast feed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's a different world these days people want all the details from their celebrities much of his life is lived on line, it's more common than not to announce things this way. I'm fed up of seeing pregnancy pics either grainy interior shots or enormous bellies filling the screen. But others like it so I tolerate.

Off topic a little I was cleaning a loo last night and a picture was thrust in my face a 6 week scan, yes I really wanted to see that as I bent and scrubbed poop off the back of the seat !
Yes, that's quite true Julie, I forgot about social media.....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:38 AM

Why is it being assumed that when these adopted children are growing up they will have no role models of the opposite sex?

Daley and his partner have no women in their lives?
A lesbian couple with young boys know no men who will have a good influence on growing boys?
Menstrual and hormonal issues cant be handled by a close 'auntie' in the family?
There are no mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers of these same sex parents??
These young children will have no cousins?

Come on!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:39 AM

Regarding Menstruation...Sex Education is taught in schools, so why the problem? It might even be taught by a man!

Page 9 of 35 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top