Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 10:48 PM

Re: Are you a crier?

I cry every time a friend or relative is called to GLORY.

THe finale of "It's a wonderful Life". ditto God father3
and too many others to list.

I was a stiff upper lip until my father died & all the hurts from the previous 50 years came out.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 11:10 PM

I usually shed a few drops at funerals, depending on how close the diseased was to me but never openly weep, the face I put on specially for such occasions always conveys the right message, it's enough to make satan weep. I honestly cannot remember when I really had a proper cry, I am fairly emotional and not in the least bit hard hearted, but I just don't see the point of crying, it doesn't help the situation and it's contagious once someone starts off. I hate to see children crying, it's very genuine because they have no other means of showing their sorrow. I think if anything bad happened to the wife, that would probably do it for me.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 11:14 PM

I get very emotional for all sorts of reasons but don't let it show, I wait until I get to bed and cry into my pillow.

Strangely, at funerals and other emotional events, I hold them back. Even weepy films.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 02:04 AM

@Jem "but I just don't see the point of crying,"

Neither do I Jem, it just happens and I doubt that many of us can 'control' what surely is an automatic response to certain events, news, sounds etc I wish I could as the fact that I can burst into tears when I'm deliriously happy is just so silly
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
This afternoon, listening to Rita Mcneil sing Working man, that sort of music always gets me teary.
One of my favourites of hers. Made me more than a little choked when I heard she had died. I rarely have a good cry though.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 06:44 AM

Listen to this song carefully, it always gets to me.

Daddy don't you walk so fast
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 07:26 AM

Hi Meg, I can't watch films about animals who get into trouble, my biggest one was Lassie, Black Beauty and Born Free, I cried my eyes out. If the news comes on about someone beating up a dog or cat, I have to turn to TV off as it upsets me too much. I also cry sometimes about my Mum who has now got Dementhia, it's very sad, otherwise, i'm quite a strong person.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 09:41 AM

I too find myself crying a lot more now that I am getting a bit older.
Watching animal programmes, someone singing a song with beautiful wording, and funnily enough if for some reason something makes me laugh out loud which doesent happen that often I find myself going from laughing to crying.
Soppy I know
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 10:31 AM

This song will set me off each time as I had a dog called tigue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-_1X3hxbk

Also people winning large sums of money on quiz shows or other happy moments will set me off just by seeing the emotuion on their faces
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2013, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Meg, I can't watch films about animals who get into trouble, my biggest one was Lassie, Black Beauty and Born Free, I cried my eyes out. If the news comes on about someone beating up a dog or cat, I have to turn to TV off as it upsets me too much. I also cry sometimes about my Mum who has now got Dementhia, it's very sad, otherwise, i'm quite a strong person.
Me too. In fact any animal suffering and I have to turn away or turn the TV off. Which makes Attenborough's documentaries a bit difficult at times

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top