Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:18 PM

Well I never! I am clever-ish!

I had a bit of a brainwave today!
I found a very old negative of my Mum, my older sister and me as a little girl with Santa.
I held it against my laptop screen, snapped it with my phone camera, used my phone photo editor and turned it into a photo!
Not brilliant, but at least now I can see if old negatives are worth getting printed!

Don't laugh at my cuteness!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:23 PM

Re: Well I never! I am clever-ish!

Hey cutie chops, well done you! I would have never thought of doing that. I'm really surprised it worked too.

Now, can you remember what you asked for?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Nope, but, I think it influenced my love of bearded gentlemen! You can sit on their laps and they give you pressies!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:29 PM

You look lovely Tess and the beard suits you.

Great idea btw. My old (now defunct) printer had a negative scanner function but it was never as good as that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:32 PM

I held it against my laptop screen, snapped it with my phone camera, used my phone photo editor and turned it into a photo!
clever
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-05-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You look lovely Tess and the beard suits you.

Poink!

Great idea btw. My old (now defunct) printer had a negative scanner function but it was never as good as that.
My scanner doesn't stay lit when the lid's up so I had the bright idea of using the screen!

Trouble is I've got a huge box of negatives...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Nope, but, I think it influenced my love of bearded gentlemen! You can sit on their laps and they give you pressies!

Actually, I've loads of negatives in the photo boxes. I was going to bin them but I might just do your trick first and see what they are.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:37 PM

A very good idea TessA and it did the job.

Have you got a scanner? If so, the negative could be scanned at the highest resolution the scanner does. Then expand the photo and turn it into a positive in the editing program. It might give acceptable definition (depending on how big you make it).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-05-2019, 08:39 PM

I'll try a colour one next and see what happens
Don't forget to use a "negative" edit thingy on your phone or photo editing doin's or what's it!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
A very good idea TessA and it did the job.

Have you got a scanner? If so, it could be scanned at the highest resolution the scanner does. Then expand the photo and turn it into a positive in the editing program. It might give acceptable definition (depending on how big you make it).
My scanner is just a photocopier, so I'm not sure it will do that Mart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top