Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:55 PM

Re: Imagination Game

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I prepared one earlier, Aerolor; I anticipated this moment.

Now call it me, damn it, call it me!
I've lost my mobile and anyway I don't call anyone very often. They call me and there is a waiting list of 10 weeks for a reply.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I've lost my mobile and anyway I don't call anyone very often. They call me and there is a waiting list of 10 weeks for a reply.
Oh my word, how do you COPE??!!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:59 PM

once bitten twice shy..are we now so anti but interesting remarks flying about....what does a big girl's blouse look like..?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
once bitten twice shy..are we now so anti but interesting remarks flying about....what does a big girl's blouse look like..?
I would post a picture if I was more technical, so you will need to use your imagination. It is an imagination thread after all.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh my word, how do you COPE??!!
That would be telling Pixie. By the way, why is your name Pixie Knuckles?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That would be telling Pixie. By the way, why is your name Pixie Knuckles?
Because that's my actual name. My parents came from far far away and couldn't look after me, so left me in the hollow of an ancient gnarly old tree to be looked after by the forest folk. As I am human and larger than most fey folk, they were feeling threatened by me as I grew, so I had to fight my way out of many a horrible situation, which was awful and left me in tears a lot. When I was 16, I was advised to leave the forest, and my guardians gave me my name, so that if I chose to return in the future, I would come to no harm.

....or I could have just got it via a name generator.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2021, 04:51 PM

What a traumatised start to life Pixie. I am surprised you grew up so well balanced and grounded.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Because that's my actual name. My parents came from far far away and couldn't look after me, so left me in the hollow of an ancient gnarly old tree to be looked after by the forest folk. As I am human and larger than most fey folk, they were feeling threatened by me as I grew, so I had to fight my way out of many a horrible situation, which was awful and left me in tears a lot. When I was 16, I was advised to leave the forest, and my guardians gave me my name, so that if I chose to return in the future, I would come to no harm.

....or I could have just got it via a name generator.
So you leaf the forest and you branch out...You left your roots behind but can where your crown with pride, you have blossomed and whatever size your trunk is now....it has been a path you chose to walk. Pixie Knuckles were you ever employed by the Forestry Commision, like myself, I shall preserve that notion...whatever the answer...
..My forest name.. The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind..
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

29-06-2021, 07:41 AM

Today's Subject is about Percy Verance.
Did Percy pay back your Verance or was it all a wasted effort.....
I did a Percy and ended up gaining my Amatuer Radio Licence 100% by Verance.
I had no clue really about electronics but I gained help and became a parrot through going to Evening Classes and ok the class was full of Men..Nice one Di you could gain some insider assistance here if you flash off a bit of what the Men are looking for...so that way I gained lots of past exam papers and some close encounters, my knowledge was just repetition style, monkey see monkey do. Comparison to;- you share your's and I'll share mine. So I passed my Radio Amatuer Exams which was Multi Choices and The Morse Code Test at a special Unit. Now I am able to tap out messages in coded form,to people all around the world. example:-
--. --- --- -.. / -- --- .-. -. .. -. --. / --- ...- . .-. / ..... ----- .----. ... / ..-. --- .-. ..- -- .-.-.- / .-- .. ... .... .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. .-.. / .- / --. --- --- -.. / -.. .- -.-- .-.-.-
Was it all worth it, well it is an expensive Hobby and you can just use a long wire Antenna which is cheap to buy and easy to put up.., but we went for the more popular set up and have a beam antenna on a small tower, we bought it over here with us to France where we have not used it in 6+ years....so worth it,,,yes at the time but do not think I would bother now, given the technology of today's variety of communication set-ups
You can see the size compared to the rotary washing line. It is in the lower position and stays like that unless in use, then wound up.

So I started off intending to have some imagination with Percy Verance but got more serious for some reason. Oh well..c'est la vie
maybe you can add stuff you have achieved or imagine yourself to have done.....
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

07-07-2021, 09:42 PM

wake up......your brain never sleeps....
Imagination makes it possible to experience a whole world inside the mind. It enables you to look at any situation from a different point of view, and to mentally explore the past and the future...Not really the present though...
so relax and if your bored let your mind imagine....

Where would you rather be right now...
What would you rather be doing right now..
Just two simple questions??

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top