Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 02:34 PM

Re: Have you done it yet?

Been and voted , no trees yet
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 04:11 PM

Voted just now with Mrs Bread and to pick up Charlie from school (the polling station) at the same time.

I had a long chat with the two ladies on the desk who were handing out the voting slips and asked them what turnout was like. According to them they had only seen 150 people all day which they said was quite low compared to the last election in 2017 but higher slightly than the Euro Elections.

They also mentioned that the area supervisor/manager (or whatever they are called) had told them that turnout was up slightly (compared to the Euro Elections) as well, so unless there is a big flurry of people voting on their way home, its pretty quiet here in Sudbury.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 04:31 PM

Well, I've just done it

As I've posted elsewhere I have a miserable cold at the moment, but I thought I'd make an effort while it is still light
So I've just staggered to the Polling Station and also done a bit of shopping

Now I'm having a cup of hot sweet tea, then I'll get back into bed for a couple of hours

I doubt if i'll stay up for the results; it'll all be waiting for me in the morning
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did mine by post a week ago, save all the faffing about today.
I agree. I did too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
No, I'm at work. I don't think I am going to vote today, my last vote didn't seem to count and I said I am never going to vote again. Might change my mind this afternoon but I am undecided, I know I don't want Corbyn in though, I can't stand the bloke.
That's the very reason why you should vote, IMO.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I only have to cross the road to the community centre, so can go anytime. Besides, I only got out of bed at 9.15, and still not ready to face the outside world.

And I’m undecided, though not undecided enough to know it will not be Labour!!
Then if I were you I would go and vote for anyone but labour Jazzi.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Going to wait for delivery of apple trees first, no idea when they will arrive.
....After the pips.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:28 PM

Probably the only time I will have been to vote but not knowing who to vote for. It's raining at the moment but will go a bit later, might take M for a walk too if it's dry.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Going to wait for delivery of apple trees first, no idea when they will arrive.
Yes, took the pooches for a walk and voted. It was very quiet.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 08:15 PM

Yes, voted. It is quite busy over there, cars going in and out of the car park all day. As our road is small, with limited parking, I decided not to go out and move my car, in case I lost my space. Staff at the dentist opposite tend to use our road for parking, even though many bays in the car park are given over to the surgery. The same goes for Boots. The community hall have their own bays, and another centre (not sure what its use is) has theirs. No staff allowed, according to my neighbour.

If I really can’t park here, I could either go next to the hall, and wait for some clearance, and go near my sister’s house.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top