Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 12:51 AM

Re: Another one of my weird little stories

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Two simple answers:

1/. It's a fluke, which we match up with our own previous experience and claim/believe that it's something other than this since our internal model fits this, and vice versa.
2/. Our own subsequent actions lead us into the situation in which there is a greater chance of the event happening. Indeed, we may even have an effect on the outcome.

If you add in the somewhat hazy concept of personal "perception", then you can convince yourself quite easily.

After all, illusionists, magicians (and for the benefit of those with a religious bent), soothsayers/prophets all rely on this.

Ah, you old sceptic you.

And do you disbelieve post 57 too?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, you old sceptic you.

And do you disbelieve post 57 too?
I don't know what a kirlian camera is. Perhaps you or James Rand can explain. On the other hand, maybe google is my friend
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Very strange. I know some people can see auras ( I can't) but why just the once?
A personal message,LD....which only "I" understand...very powerful one at that!.......I call it my non material realm.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
a personal message,ld....which only "i" understand...very powerful one at that!.......i call it my non material realm.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:57 AM

One can only dream about things that one has experienced/seen. The trouble is that you might have observed something at some stage of your life but not made an overt mental note of it as important. You might also be able to mix up memories to create new visions/scenarios in which different "things" inter-react in a bit of a strange way to appear as different visualisations. Your brain has, for reasons unknown, decided that this was the time to try and decipher and rationalise things as part of an innate defence/survival mechanism.

As an example of "remembering" things you don't recall making an overt mental note of, how many of you have found yourself in the position of weirdly recalling some minor event shortly after the loss of a loved one such as a parent? I know I have!

I know what you mean by that. Sometimes we dream about the smallest events bit not the big ones.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:11 PM

One can only dream about things that one has experienced/seen. The trouble is that you might have observed something at some stage of your life but not made an overt mental note of it as important. You might also be able to mix up memories to create new visions/scenarios in which different "things" inter-react in a bit of a strange way to appear as different visualisations. Your brain has, for reasons unknown, decided that this was the time to try and decipher and rationalise things as part of an innate defence/survival mechanism.

As an example of "remembering" things you don't recall making an overt mental note of, how many of you have found yourself in the position of weirdly recalling some minor event shortly after the loss of a loved one such as a parent? I know I have!
After reading all of your comments in this topic Dex, I was amazed to discover that your theory is exactly the same as mine on the subject of dreams.
I might even go a little bit further with the subject by explaining things we might not have participated in but read or watched, I refer to films and books that might have made some impression subconsciously and then recounted as a dream.

I avoid certain films now because I know it will come back to haunt me (excuse the pun) at a later date, either as a nightmare or just a thought that I can't get out of my mind.
Who can honestly say this has not happened to them. These days the gulf between fact and fiction is very narrow, and can have a drastic effect on our moods and personalities.

I never argue with anyone who claims to have seen a ghost or an aura, to them it really happened and even a lie detector would not discover the truth. But the mind can be very powerful source of illusion, fooling not only the owner, but anyone in the vicinity.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
After reading all of your comments in this topic Dex, I was amazed to discover that your theory is exactly the same as mine on the subject of dreams.
I might even go a little bit further with the subject by explaining things we might not have participated in but read or watched, I refer to films and books that might have made some impression subconsciously and then recounted as a dream.

I avoid certain films now because I know it will come back to haunt me (excuse the pun) at a later date, either as a nightmare or just a thought that I can't get out of my mind.
Who can honestly say this has not happened to them. These days the gulf between fact and fiction is very narrow, and can have a drastic effect on our moods and personalities.

I never argue with anyone who claims to have seen a ghost or an aura, to them it really happened and even a lie detector would not discover the truth. But the mind can be very powerful source of illusion, fooling not only the owner, but anyone in the vicinity.
No surprises that I agree! Great minds thinking alike, or fools seldom differing??

All in all it's just another brick in the wall
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 11:17 PM

[BNo surprises that I agree! ][/B] Great minds thinking alike, or fools seldom differing??

All in all it's just another brick in the wall
Coincidence? Or supernatural?

You'd better ask Floydy about the 'Brick in the Wall ' though...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Keezoy.

She was stranger although looked similar to one of my neighbours, probably around 45 and seemed friendly, neither attractive or repulsive. I didn't see what she was wearing. She did look right at me before disappearing.
If you are 47 try knocking 49 and 45, see if you recognise her.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:26 AM

I quite often see auras round people and animals - always know if someone in the family is ill - and occasionally even have premonitions.

For many years we had a family tradition of telephoning my paternal grandad at Midnight on New Years eve - one year I had a weird feeling about 11:00pm and asked if we could 'phone then instead. Mother said not. At about 12:10am on New Years day one of granddad's neighbours called us to say he had died - at approximately 11:00pm.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top