Join for free
Page 51 of 370 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good on yer Mark.....You're getting stronger and I'm getting weaker. Just had a bitch of a six.....
Did a 10 miler the other day didn't you? Not fully recovered?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Did a 10 miler the other day didn't you? Not fully recovered?
That's right Mark, I ran at a sensible pace but it still knocked seven bells out of me and it took the rest of of Sunday before I was feeling better. I visited the town yesterday to pick up my new specs after my eye test last week, and after waiting twenty minutes, I was informed that my appointment was for next Monday.... As the receptionist pointed out, it was written on my appointment card.....I guess I misread it not having my new reading glasses....

So I met Mrs Fox in town and went for some lunch, I never take the escalators or lifts in favour of the stairs, but yesterday I was gasping for breath on the stairs, which Mrs Fox thought was very unusual....

I do three runs per week. Six miles on Tuesday, Eight miles on Thursday and ten miles on Sunday come rain or shine. I reckon that if I cut down on the Sunday run, I'll start feeling just as bad on the Eight, and then the six.....Thin end of the wedge mate.....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 01:30 PM

You need to make sure you are taking in sufficient iron and vitamin B - especially B12. Do you take vitamin tablets?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You need to make sure you are taking in sufficient iron and vitamin B - especially B12. Do you take vitamin tablets?
Thanks Mark.
I have been taking Centrum over fifties multi vitamin supplements for quite a few years now, but a while back I came to a similar conclusion to you, so I added a vitamin 'B' complex for a month with no real benefit. Since my last Heart Attack in April 2014 I get tired very easily. Running is the only time I don't feel tired except for the odd struggler like the last couple of runs. The majority of the time I can pound along happily, although my performance [Speed & Distance] have deteriorated rapidly over the last few years.

I am quite willing to accept the diminishing returns associated with age, but sometimes you just know that there is more to it than that. So I have arrived at two possibilities. The first of which are tight lower back muscles that seem to stiffen up considerably following a run. Being the 'Power House' when these muscles object they can make running very clumsy and mechanical, restricting the speed available. For this, I will enlist the help of a Physio and see what can be done....

The second, is probably more to do with what you are suggesting but from a different perspective. Since April 2014 I agreed with my Doctor, to take a low dose dispersible Aspirin tablet every morning to help prevent a further Heart Attack. You are probably well aware of how the Aspirin does this. It thins the blood by reducing the platelets that group together and form clots. Could it also be, that by altering the composition of the blood it would also restrict the amount of oxygen available for the muscles by also reducing the number of oxygen carrying red blood cells? I intend to conduct further investigation into this theory......

A rest day today Mark, but I've got an eight miler scheduled for tomorrow morning, lets see how it goes.....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Grrrr, I hate it in the Over 50's gym when people just sit on their backsides on the machines as they chat away to each other. Honestly, if they want to chat GET OFF THE MACHINES!!

/rant over
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Grrrr, I hate it in the Over 50's gym when people just sit on their backsides on the machines as they chat away to each other. Honestly, if they want to chat GET OFF THE MACHINES!!

/rant over
The students are even worse. Gangs of three or four of them hardly training at all, each on their mobile phones.
And don't even get me started on the posing, gurning bro' brigade!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2017, 09:00 PM

Never mind the gym, you should try navigating the isles of the Tesco on a Wednesday morning when all the old people are discussing last year's holidays and any forthcoming ones, making access to the baked beans impossible....
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The students are even worse. Gangs of three or four of them hardly training at all, each on their mobile phones.
And don't even get me started on the posing, gurning bro' brigade!
Lol, love the "posing, gurning" description, which is right on the money!

Yes, the men and women I mention also do maybe one veeeery slow rep on the machines, spend 30 seconds waving their hands around as they blather on (so they have an excuse not to do any work) nattering about sweet FA then do another verrrry slow rep. Honestly, what use is THAT going to be to them? Other gym users notice these people always hit the gym at 9am, so we have christened them The Nattering Niners. They're a right pain in the backside but, like today, sometimes that's the only time I can get to the gym.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 10:12 PM

Yesterday, a friend of mine was showing me pics of holidays and all sorts going back a few years.

There was one of her doing the 'Leap of Faiith'

Noooooooooooo

She was on the top of a 'telegraph' pole, having to reach out to grab a trapeze

She said the thing on top of the pole was wobbly and they moved the trapeze further away from her .... because they knew she could do it and yes she did it.

She can't even stand on a chair now unless she has something to hang on to.

Not sure if this is to do with the experience or due to 'life'
Tachyon

17-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Not sure if this is to do with the experience or due to 'life'
In my mid-twenties I did parachuting at a local club for a couple of years, and loved it. No way would I do it now! Not only do I not have the belief I'd live forever, like I did when I was young, but my knees just couldn't take the strain of the landings. It was a buzz though, even though jumping at 4,000 feet was the highest I ever got. I'd have loved a real skydive but it took a lot of jumps to get the qualifications to do that.

Page 51 of 370 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top