Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 03:07 PM

oops

sorry peeps wrong picture please ignore
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 03:10 PM

Re: oops

That's sad!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Ooops !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Sad though!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 07:52 PM

just stick another picture on and cheer us all up ;0)
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 03:18 AM

nope the picture I thought it was turned out to be a song, when I mix them up they stay mixed up, and I just nearly did it with another one, which instead of a video turned out to be Javascript. I tend to get something right once and get over confident and think I can do it again, don't work like that, with me 1 out of 20 is good.
I started as a volunteer at a Dementia Club last week and a lovely gentleman showed me how to do a jigsaw puzzle, they all got very interested when he told me what I thought were boat windows were actually for the hotel I hadn't even seen. This week I helped another gentleman make some Christmas decorations (paper chains) and I ended up with the damned paper stuck to my fingers and couldn't get it off, he tried to help and he got stuck up to then the lady that runs it joined and she got stuck too. We're still sat there where the chaps Mum came in saw the chains and said Oh did he remember to use the stapler?? it's not as messy as glue. Next week I'm off to learn to crochet and one of the ladies at the other club does crochet perhaps I might sit with her and see what a botch up I make of that, she's making a lovely blanket.
I've contacted 2 more voluntry organisations with a view to helping and have been offered more work with Dementia sufferers and visiting the mentally ill in hospital. Does anyone else see a theme here??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 09:47 AM

Ah that was a lovely 'funny' story, with the paper chains, a bit Laurel n Hardy
Sounds great Hazel, what you're doing gal, you will make a difference, how good is that !
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

05-10-2013, 12:49 PM

It wasn't meant to be funny though, I was helping them, and I would describe them as people who have learning difficulties, but the couple that run it said everyone will be in next week so they'll introduce me again as the others seem to think I'm one of the members rather than a volunteer, especially as I kept apparently laughing at nothing. It was my jigsaw friend's fault he kept passing me telling jokes and he speaks very quietly so they couldn't hear him and the way he tells them is funny. It also wasn't helped when I was talking to a deaf chap so was speaking carefully and slowly to him and one of the other members who carries a collection of toy buses round with him said to Rose. "Why is she talking like that??" Rose asked me and I said "Oh, I thought John was deaf", she said "He is but that's not John he's over there", and cracked up laughing. Well he looked like John to me. When I left several of them told me the coach would be here shortly and I should wait for it. Oh dear I've had a very fraught week but I felt on top of the world when I came home. Roll on next Thursday see what else I can cock up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2013, 01:03 PM

What can I do Hazel, I have to see that funny side as its similar to where I live !
Although its funny, you're bound to be a bit nervous, to get things right and all .... But - you will have laughs, no doubt about that, they will want laughs too, so, relax and enjoy the experience gal and well done !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

05-10-2013, 02:02 PM

AS long as they're enjoying it and you're enjoying it sounds like a success. Remember "laughter is the best medicine".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top