Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 11:57 PM

Shopping

'Can I have some Irish sausages please?' asked the Irishman, walking up to the counter.
The assistant looked at him and asked: 'Are you Irish Sir?"
'If I had asked you for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?' demanded the Irishman indignantly. 'Or, if I asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?'
Then, warming to his theme, he went on, 'Or if I asked you for a kosher hot dog, would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I asked you for a taco, would you ask me if I was Mexican? Would ya? Would Ya?'
The assistant said: "Well, no".
Suitably encouraged by the success of his logic, the Irishman steps it up a gear. 'And if I asked you for frog's legs, would you ask me if I was French? What about Danish bacon, would you ask me if I was Danish?'
"Well no, I probably wouldn't sir" conceded the assistant.
So, now bursting with righteous indignation, the Irishman says, 'Well, all right then, why did you ask me if I'm Irish just because I asked for Irish sausages?'
The assistant replied: "Because you're in Homebase Sir".

(I do hope I have not offended our Irish friends)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top