Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Ex Smokers???

How many do we have on here?? I gave up just over 2 years ago, and find more and more I am becoming intolerant with smokers...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Re: Ex Smokers???

I gave up about 10 years ago (I think). Tried twice previously but only lasted 6 months each time! Then tried the patches and finally kicked the habit!

Now I detest the smell of cigarettes!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Me too, you do not smell it when you smoke....unfortunately I have a chain smoking Hubby!!!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:16 PM

They say there's no-one as virtuous as an ex-smoker.
I'm really lucky that I'venever (ever) done it and simply can't see the attraction
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Stopped completely 6 1/2 years ago when I discovered I was pregnant with 1st son. Now I can't abide the smell and my 6 year old makes a point of making a fuss about it if we happen to pass a smoker in the street

Before that, I was a 20-30 a day habit . . . I must have been mad!!!!
Moli
Aberdeenshire

14-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Yola ->
Stopped completely 6 1/2 years ago when I discovered I was pregnant with 1st son. Now I can't abide the smell and my 6 year old makes a point of making a fuss about it if we happen to pass a smoker in the street

Before that, I was a 20-30 a day habit . . . I must have been mad!!!!
Thats how I feel now too....Think it was the old adage when I was a teenager, everyone did it...Sad I know
Moli
Aberdeenshire

14-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Although I now have bad sinus problems, infact am having to go into hospital and have them drained...Never had this problem when I smoked...!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:14 PM

I gave up just over two years ago. I'd tried to give up before but couldn't because OH smoked. Last time he gave up first, so I found it easier, but not easy. I used sugar free chewing gum as a nursey friend of mine gave up with the nicotine gum and got hooked on that! As a life long asthmatic I should never have started, but my then GP was a smoker and said that if it reduced stress, which it did, not to worry!!! Now I have COPD and I remember at my first annual review at the surgery when I told the asthma nurse that I'd given up, her face really lit up she was so pleased. When I wanted a ciggie, I pictured her smiling face and I found that was the most helpful and supportive thing.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:15 PM

I stopped smoking 20-odd years ago because my son started and I couldn`t tell him not to with a ciggie in my hand, could I?
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

16-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Baz and I stopped almost 5 years ago.

We find the smell of cigs utterly repulsive.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top