Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:18 AM

Makeup can age the skin

When I was appearing on a TV programme some years ago, I was subjected to having makeup applied by the person whose task that was. I very rarely ever wear it, not seeing the point of it. The woman told me that my skin was in very good condition, and I didn't look my age because I didn't wear makeup on a regular basis. I will be 70 in a couple of years time but don't as yet have any wrinkles.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:22 AM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

You’re almost seventy with no wrinkles?
Can we see a picture then?

I never wore make up either ( just eye make up ) but definitely have them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:28 AM

I haven’t worn make up for years, maybe just a touch of lipstick if I’m going out anywhere special. I just use a moisturer everyday and my face is wrinkle free. My hairdresser often compliments me by saying I look nowhere near my age.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:28 AM

I've worn makeup every day of my life well since a teenager and although I have a few wrinkles I prefer to call them laughter lines make up is moisture so it won't harm the skin it's not moisturisng that ages it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
When I was appearing on a TV programme some years ago, I was subjected to having makeup applied by the person whose task that was. I very rarely ever wear it, not seeing the point of it. The woman told me that my skin was in very good condition, and I didn't look my age because I didn't wear makeup on a regular basis. I will be 70 in a couple of years time but don't as yet have any wrinkles.
Tara you don't seem to laugh very much, so maybe that is why you don't have laughter lines.
It is a shame because, when you have a laugh on here, you are good to chat with & sometimes make me have more laughter lines.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:38 AM

Our Mums used to tell us that to scare us from using make up when we were younger.

Having good skin is mostly down to inherited genes.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:24 AM

It's not so much if you wear make up as if you don't bother to take it off properly isn't it? Gunge and grouting on the pillow and big panda eyes.

And the thickness they trowel it on for TV work would probably be capable of masking the Grand Canyon.

I do think at a certain age, though they claim make up can 'blur' lines and imperfections, it can have a tendency instead to sit in creases and wrinkles and emphasize rather than mask them.

My face looks like an over folded creased ordnance survey map.
Probably with smoking ... body of a trim 35 something ...face of a shrivelled prune.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:27 AM

Men often have better skin as they age...
because, so they say, it's due to them shaving all their lives which amounts to regular exfoliation and removal of the top layer of dead skin cells.

Men do seem to keep their skin nicer, more hydrated and less prone to wrinkles.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Men often have better skin as they age...
because, so they say, it's due to them shaving all their lives which amounts to regular exfoliation and removal of the top layer of dead skin cells.

Men do seem to keep their skin nicer, more hydrated and less prone to wrinkles.
Right that does it...how long do I have to let a beard grow before shaving
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

20-09-2018, 10:35 AM

I'm not sure you need to wait for a beard.

Liz Taylor is reputed to have shaved .. just running a blade over her face to scrape off the dead cells is the idea ... I think.

My face might need a pumice stone by now.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top