Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Is anyone going to buy one of the new iPhones?

I say I won't, already having 2 iPhones, but when the time comes I think it will be hard to resist the XR. It would be nice to have a larger screen.

But I'll sell one of my other phones first.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:25 PM

Re: Is anyone going to buy one of the new iPhones?

I've never seen the appeal of iPhones. I consider them overpriced fashion accessories.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:30 PM

I think I'm old fashioned Ffosse , I just don't get it , I can't understand why people change their phone all the time , surely they all do the same job . I went into Vodaphone yesterday and they told me the newest phone now was £1800 . I'm flumoxed really I am . My little phone cost me £80 3or 4yrs ago and it does all I need it to do . My son changes his phone for the next latest and my friend has one that cost £600 .

What is so appealling about the latest one please do tell me because I'm thinking I'm way behind in technology.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 03:08 PM

Went off iPhone a few years ago, have been using Huawei phones and Tablets since.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 03:12 PM

No i have more sense than money.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Certainly not. I'm not one of the Apple fanbois who slavishly buys the latest Apple product because they've been altered slightly. I don't buy any Apple products if it comes to that - for the cost of one of their over-priced phones you could buy a new computer.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I say I won't, already having 2 iPhones, but when the time comes I think it will be hard to resist the XR. It would be nice to have a larger screen.

But I'll sell one of my other phones first.
Not for me Ffosse..im perfectly happy with the cheapo one I have had for the last 2 yrs..I feel its money wasted as I wouldnt use a fraction of what one could do so wasted on me.
I wouldnt even buy one if I had the spare cash either
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 05:10 PM

I don't believe they're overpriced for what they can do.

Having said that, I don't care what anyone else thinks about my phone choice so they aren't fashion statements either. Most of the time people outside wouldn't even know I was using an iPhone.

I'm all for living for the moment, and if I want the best and can afford it then why not?

I spent £4k on a watch and don't believe it was overpriced.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Not saying you shouldn't Ffosse, just saying I wouldn't as I no longer like the iphones.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-09-2018, 07:03 PM

They're certainly not for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top