Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
adwlp57
New Member!
MD USA
adwlp57 is female 

27-09-2018, 01:51 AM

The Natural Way?

Hello All:

So since I know that I can't be the only person who prefers natural products vs meds, please share what you take regularly to address issues you may have with your body....!
Look forward to hearing from all of you!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Re: The Natural Way?

The only natural product I take these days is Kalms one a night, which have valerian to help me sleep if I have insomnia. They don't work on everyone but they really help me. I also drink some herbal tea or make a natural cough remedy from lemon and honey.

I have tried various other natural products in the past but they have either not done a thing or have caused more harm than good.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Whilst I eat a very healthy diet I take a vitamin c and multivitamin supplement to help aid my immune system.

I exercise daily to help ward off anxiety

I use turmeric often as it has great health benefits

I eat lots of spinach which is another good with high health benefits
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 08:19 AM

I would like to try turmeric but does it stain the teeth?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hasn't affected my teeth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 08:47 AM

I tried turmeric milk but it made me feel unwell. Milk with cardamom pods is really comforting and aids sleep. (you take the pods out after boiling).
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 10:05 AM

I take a ginger capsule every day as an anti inflammatory.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Whilst I eat a very healthy diet I take a vitamin c and multivitamin supplement to help aid my immune system.

I exercise daily to help ward off anxiety

I use turmeric often as it has great health benefits

I eat lots of spinach which is another good with high health benefits
So do I Lion Queen, and it's never done me any harm......

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When you get to our age Muddy, how would you know?...

It just makes your tongue go a funny colour for a while, and it does stain everything else....Tea towels, dishcloths and bowls..

You could go to a Polish shop and pay about three quid for a great big bag, or you could go to 'Holland and Barrett' and pay a fiver for a spoonful.....The active ingredient in the Termeric is Cumin...(no really!) and you can buy the one a day tablets from some places, but they are very expensive.... So you have to ask yourself....How much is a pink tongue and clean tea towel worth?

I've been dropping a teaspoon full in the pan while cooking my porridge every morning Muddy, and my teeth are still as white as Donny Osmonds....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
When you get to our age Muddy, how would you know?...

It just makes your tongue go a funny colour for a while, and it does stain everything else....Tea towels, dishcloths and bowls..

You could go to a Polish shop and pay about three quid for a great big bag, or you could go to 'Holland and Barrett' and pay a fiver for a spoonful.....The active ingredient in the Termeric is Cumin...(no really!) and you can buy the one a day tablets from some places, but they are very expensive.... So you have to ask yourself....How much is a pink tongue and clean tea towel worth?

I've been dropping a teaspoon full in the pan while cooking my porridge every morning Muddy, and my teeth are still as white as Donny Osmonds....
I love turmeric - use it a lot in soups/stews/curries etc., Never thought of adding it to porridge, Foxy, will have to give that a try!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top