Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:51 PM

Re: Do You Have A Suspicious Mind?

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I think I'm mostly a trusting soul and it gets me into trouble.

I don't like or trust door to door salesmen/canvassers though.
I always have the dog by my side when I open the front door. I trust his instinct.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I always have the dog by my side when I open the front door. I trust his instinct.

Huh. My lot would probably welcome anybody!

My old GSD's wouldn't but this lot are entirely different.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Huh. My lot would probably welcome anybody!

My old GSD's wouldn't but this lot are entirely different.
A little tail.
Max is a gentle soul. But the other day we took a neighbour and her cat to the vet. Max goes almost everywhere with us but not on that occasion. The neighbour's mother came to dog sit.

They were in the lounge watching television. There was a knock at the front door - a package delivery. Max was there in a flash, evidently his teeth bared and that low warning growl. That gave our neighbour quite a surprise, she'd never seen him do that before and she is here most days.

Max was doing his job.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:10 PM

I've become very cynical over the years, there have been many times I've been taken advantage of and it's made me suspicious of people's motives and agendas.

I tend not to get close to, or rely on, anyone so that if/when they do crap on me from a great height it's not that important and easily dealt with.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've become very cynical over the years, there have been many times I've been taken advantage of and it's made me suspicious of people's motives and agendas.

I tend not to get close to, or rely on, anyone so that if/when they do crap on me from a great height it's not that important and easily dealt with.

Sad to feel like that Nicol, but it's probably safer that way.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:21 PM

Sad to feel like that Nicol, but it's probably safer that way.
You can't be too careful when you're on your own and I've learnt the hard way, the only person I can rely on is me, sad but true.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Actually, l think these happenings made me think about starting this thread. I told my daughter but she gave different explanations. I must mention that l have a very imaginative mind but l don’t think l have lost the plot.... yet!

Last night at about 12.30 am. I heard continual bangs from outside that sounded like gunfire but then l reasoned that it had been fireworks going off.

I went to my back door and looked across the garden and saw a young man’s head going past. He was passing by where the top part of my fence is broken and the seasonal greenery that screens the garden is starting to disappear.

The young man seemed to peer over the fence as he went by. I was suspicious as no one ever really walks along there.

This morning, l noticed a small clear plastic bag, with one of the handles wound around a large leaf, hanging from one of my apple trees. It wasn’t there yesterday and l think it was too well placed on the tree twig to have blown there?

This morning, l went down to my gate and the pedestrian side of the gate was open. I had secured it earlier in the evening.

It made me think, that the young man going past had entered my garden and left the bag tied to the tree as a sign he had been in my garden!!!

I told my daughter and she said, it would definitely have been the wind that blew the bag onto the tree. She asked if there had been a delivery, l said, no.

Later, l went to the front door and found there had been a delivery. I hadn’t seen it earlier, as l went out of the back door. So it must have been the delivery man who hadn’t secured the gate!

This is a good example to show how a suspicious mind’s thoughts can escalate out of all proportion!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:58 PM

I've heard that criminals leave signs to indicate the presence of dogs and other hazards for future reference. You can't be too careful Art!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

06-10-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Actually, l think these happenings made me think about starting this thread. I told my daughter but she gave different explanations. I must mention that l have a very imaginative mind but l don’t think l have lost the plot.... yet!

Last night at about 12.30 am. I heard continual bangs from outside that sounded like gunfire but then l reasoned that it had been fireworks going off.

I went to my back door and looked across the garden and saw a young man’s head going past. He was passing by where the top part of my fence is broken and the seasonal greenery that screens the garden is starting to disappear.

The young man seemed to peer over the fence as he went by. I was suspicious as no one ever really walks along there.

This morning, l noticed a small clear plastic bag, with one of the handles wound around a large leaf, hanging from one of my apple trees. It wasn’t there yesterday and l think it was too well placed on the tree twig to have blown there?

This morning, l went down to my gate and the pedestrian side of the gate was open. I had secured it earlier in the evening.

It made me think, that the young man going past had entered my garden and left the bag tied to the tree as a sign he had been in my garden!!!

I told my daughter and she said, it would definitely have been the wind that blew the bag onto the tree. She asked if there had been a delivery, l said, no.

Later, l went to the front door and found there had been a delivery. I hadn’t seen it earlier, as l went out of the back door. So it must have been the delivery man who hadn’t secured the gate!

This is a good example to show how a suspicious mind’s thoughts can escalate out of all proportion!
Get a dog! Our's is the best intruder alarm in the universe!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:40 PM

I'm suspicious of secretive or mysterious people who keep their cards close to their chest. Those who are too button-lipped to give too much away I cannot get along with. Those sorts who look at the world through shifty eyeballs just hidden under their eyelids with an unsmiling scowl.
I like people to be more open with me in a conversation, otherwise they don't come across genuine and honest.
You don't need to be so anal retentive to divulge in basic conversation do you?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top