Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:44 AM

Good Morning/Goodnight

There used to be one Good Morning thread (back in Alan's days) and one Goodnight thread. There has now evolved a Good Morning thread for every subsequent day, posted by random members but, the Goodnight thread has remained stoic, as a nod back to the original posters sentiment.

Why has this evolved in the fashion, and, which is most important, Good Morning or Goodnight?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:52 AM

Re: Good Morning/Goodnight

Well personally speaking I'll wish you Good Morning, Spitfire. But you can wish me Goodnight as I've finished my shift and I'm off to bed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Spitty there has always been a separate Good Morning thread each day since the forum started.
Anyone can start the thread.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 01:58 PM

Good Morning and Goodnight are equally good to me ...it doesnt matter if theres two threads does it?
I post on either of those as and when I feel like it so like both.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote Spitfire."Why has this evolved in the fashion, and, which is most important, Good Morning or Goodnight?"

It’s always nice to say good morning and goodnight, however I’m never up early enough to say good morning so I stick to saying goodnight.
A wise old man once said to me “Son, it’s never too late to say goodnight, but it’s often too late to say good morning”
While I’m at it, why is it wrong to join “goodmorning” and it’s right to join “goodnight’?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Quote Spitfire."Why has this evolved in the fashion, and, which is most important, Good Morning or Goodnight?"

It’s always nice to say good morning and goodnight, however I’m never up early enough to say good morning so I stick to saying goodnight.
A wise old man once said to me “Son, it’s never too late to say goodnight, but it’s often too late to say good morning”
While I’m at it, why is it wrong to join “goodmorning” and it’s right to join “goodnight’?

I wondered that also, but did not want to complicate the issue

Good Morning Btw.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top